Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #101 psj3809, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
    Exactly !

(After about 7 crashes straight out of the app back to my homescreen i can finally play it, great little game just i can imagine there'll be many more crashes in the near future until an update is out)

2. akovendetta

akovendetta Member

Jul 26, 2012
    It looks like they edited the description now to exclude iPod touch 4G... Now only says iPad2 and iPhone 4 and up...

Ughhh. I wonder how many iPod users got soaked for $5... Leads me to believe that there is no intention to provide a patch.

And I was sure iPod 4 and iPhone 4 were same hardware, except for camera. I recall reading rhat somewhere way back when I bought my iPod...

Ah well, live and learn.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hmmm thats poor though. I'm tempted to moan to Apple and get a refund, specially if they've changed the description.

So we're all guinea pigs, they then see threads like this and realise it crashes on ipod touch 4th gen and now update the description ? Very poor.

I was going to buy all the episodes as i love the series (and the game is good) but its a bad move by them to cheekily edit the description after all us suckers have bought the game and had all these crashes.

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    yeah, users who bought it for their 4th gen touch's should definitely contact Apple for a refund now that they've changed the description... shame

5. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    Seems like the iPhone 4 graphics are not spectacular, at all. Kinda a let down, but all in all the game is still fun. A few freezes here and there, but it's to be expected.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Also an email to [email protected]. Just emailed them myself to see if somehow an update will be coming, if they say 'nope not working for ipod touch 4th gen' i'll moan to Apple to get my money back. Big shame

7. freemini

freemini Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Stavanger, Norway
    Finished it quite fast, probably 3-4 hours. Played on iPad 3, looks good for its style I guess. The text isn't Retina but the graphics and gameplay are. It's quite touching, my decisions really gave me feels.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  9. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    First time I play this and did an hour and a half straight... great story telling point and drag survival adventure, and with feeling... I see myself purchasing it all, its so good

10. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Yep, same here. Loving it.

11. Rafa6571

Rafa6571 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Yeah, it's kind of addictive

12. [M&B]Games

Jan 7, 2012
    I am definitely buying all of them too, but the fact that the UI isn't retina kinda makes me mad. I paid $20 for the whole game, and least make it look beautiful. There is no way that having the text be retina display compatible can slow down the game too much.

13. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm not one of the ones who was duped with the iPod Touch 4 thing. But there are PLENTY of really nice looking 3D games that play well on that device. And if you go by the device itself, it is the latest iPod Touch. iPod Touch 5 is rumored for the fall. There's also not many people that want to deal with getting an unlocked/non-contract iPhone just to play a game.

Anyway, I've had similar issues going all the way back to my iPod Touch 2G and now my 3GS where devs don't put the right requirements in and people get ripped off. IMO, it's the devs responsibility to make sure it runs on all the devices it's advertised to run on.

14. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    How bad is it? Is the framerate choppy?

15. Drogbathelegend

Drogbathelegend Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Wedia, it's kinda weird seeing you at a different thread other than the SF4 volt thread:D
    Yeah, this is one of the best looking games of 2012?! The story alone makes it GOTY!!

16. [M&B]Games

Jan 7, 2012
    It isn't bad at all. The framerate is very nice, but at some points the game freezes for a second as if loading what is about to happen next. Doesn't harm gameplay at all.

17. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Haha, you're right, I usually hang out at SF4 volt thread.....

Anyway, playing this game is like watching an intense and touching movie:)

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Nicely put. Like an interactive book and movie, all brought to life by great acting and a nice art style. Too bad it's only about 3 hours though.

19. WAV 80

WAV 80 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    This is fantastic! Using my iPhone 4 and it hasn't had much problems like crashes or stuff like that. Kinda laggy though, but not that big of a problem to prevent me from enjoying this. Still hope thay fix the lag with an update.
    Gotta get those other episodes while it's 25% off! Hope when the others come out, it won't take too much space.

20. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Yeah just finished episode 1. It's a little bit short but it's a quality game. I went and preordered e2-5 and I hope they role them out soon.

The other thing I liked about this game was the lead character was African American/black which you don't often see in video games. Waking mars also had an African American woman and it's a breath of a fresh air for me at least:)