Programming Forum

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by arn, Oct 1, 2008.

1. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    There are a lot of developers on this site, so I figured an developer forum was appropriate now that the NDA has been lifted.

arn

2. mek

mek Well-Known Member

sounds good

thank you

i am nearly finishing up on my apps..it took awhile to learn it from making a lot of mistakes but now that books will become available...should be a bit easier

3. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Great news for devs.

@Mek, what genre are you making?

4. Knight

Knight Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Game Developer
    Awesome thanks. Just signed up to this site now that I am free to discuss programming with the SDK. I been lurking and checking out the news as I find it very informative.

I am working on a game that I plan to finish in a few weeks and submit to Apple. In the mean time, I hope that this forum becomes more populated with developers and we start some good discussion going.

Btw, any good 2D artists wanting to join our team, please PM me.

5. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
  6. kadjisan

kadjisan Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Anyone know of a wiki that is being made to address working with the iPhone sdk?

7. henson123

henson123 New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Overflowing with ideas...

Hey, folks. I'm an avid iPhone user brimming with many simple, but commercially viable ideas for iPhone apps. Most of my ideas center around an edutainment set of apps for younger children. Any tips for ways in which to partner with developers to see some of these ideas come to fruition? Thanks for the help!

8. Frand

Frand Well-Known Member

Totally in favor! Arn, you've got the perfect nexus in place for devs to meet both each other and the customers.

Just anticipating the problems a bit, you should perhaps limit the write access of the dev forum somehow, to make sure that technical threads aren't disturbed by random customer requests or commentary.

9. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Hey does anyone know a good book or video that i could get to help me learn how to program? I have no prior experience but a lot of great ideas, so i want to learn. If you have any suggestions, please tell me, but try to make them the most basic thing possible.

10. eedray

eedray Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Student, hopefully developer by summer
    BTW email is [email protected]
    #11 eedray, Oct 13, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
    well I was going to become a developer but I only have an xp and vista at the moment so my ideas didn't exactly come to bear fruit(freshman in highschool don't really have much cash) (one was a simplistic version of parrel kingdom about 8 months ago oh well they beat me to it ) but I'd be more than happy to give input and feedback to help out developers