Universal Wrestle Jump by Otto-Ville Ojala

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Nov 7, 2012.

1. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

IT'S FREEEEEEE FOR A DAY! :)
    Go get yours now, if you haven't already!

And yes, thanks to the update, it should now support iPod4 (thanks to oooooomonkey!), too! Also featuring a new level!

[​IMG]

2. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

And GC achievements will be there in the next update after this (with more levels, of course :)).

3. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

Version 1.02 is live on the App Store!
    Featuring Game Center achievements and 2 new levels!

4. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Haha just been playing it. It was one of the first games I tried in multiplayer when I got my new iPad last week :)
    It's good to have some achievements to keep track of how many times we've beat that damn AI :)

5. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    awesome.. thank you :)

6. Redegard

Redegard Member

May 11, 2009
    Thanks alot from Sweden. ;)

7. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    How in the world did I miss this game coming out! Suddenly today it is my family's favorite game and my 5 year ole daughter is the champ.

Great game and fun for everyone!

But I would like to put a few other things on the "wish list" for this game. First, it would be fun to have a little time (it can be off screen) so that you can try to get a best time for single pin and match. This could be something on a leader board.

Stats as well would be great, but that seems to be obvious.

I wouldn't mind having a chance to customize the wrestler. Changing the colors or mask styles would be great.

Perhaps a "World Tour" type thing where the backgrounds change. This simple mechanic worked well in games like "Extinction Squad" and could be fun here. Perhaps these could be unlocked.

"Money" for these things could just come in the form of wins. If you can win a match in a certain amount of time you get money. This could suddenly work into a story mode where the wrestler is trying to make his way to Mexico City and the Championship -- Just a thought.

Other achievements that might be fun would involve the physics. I can see an achievement for doing a complete 360 or 720 in the air.

But seriously... this game is as addictive for a simple game as it gets.

8. QuickWit

QuickWit Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Video Writer, Director, Producer
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Oh... and a replay mode would rock. So many times things have happened that really look cool and you want to see it again, or show to someone.

Just had a match where the two wrestlers did several cartwheels on the ice before finally getting a pin. Would have loved to share that with someone.

9. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

Thank you all! :)
    QuickWit, nice ideas! I'll add all those to the "would be awesome in Wrestle Jump" list I have :) Some smallish new features will be updated to Wrestle Jump, and more levels and achievements, but the bigger features will probably have to wait for the sequel, which I'm planning to make, eventually.

10. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hehe :rolleyes: might just be me but I see the new level is a giant pair of boobs :eek:

The force/impact idea sounds great. Also the new icon looks cool.

12. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

Thanks! I see the level as a moustache :) Flashbacks from Movember...

13. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

Version 1.04 !

More new stuff!
    ✓ Wrestling move names! POWER BOMB! SPINE BREAKER!
    ✓ Smashing power leaderboard!
    ✓ Two new levels!
    ✓ New achievement!
    ✓ Performance optimizations!
    ✓ Better iPod 4 support!

[​IMG]

The update is now live on the App Store :) Let me know what you think!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wrestle-jump/id573992498?ls=1&mt=8

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yey :D love this game.

I'm loving the move names and force indicator popping up, that's a nice addition.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    +1 to the move names!

16. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Their hands are tied together and their bodies bend backwards! This looks hilarious!

17. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments, people! :) I'm glad you like the move names. Quite a few people have already updated the game and I'm seeing some crazy high scores on the power leaderboard :)

18. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

In addition to new levels, I'm also going to add new wrestling move names in the next Wrestle Jump update.

If you have suggestions for new move names, please post some here or PM me :) I'm going to add both new prefixes and suffixes and also a few easter eggs that could be pretty much anything. If you have any ideas, please do share!

[​IMG]

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just noticed wrestlejump got a mention in ridiculous fishing :D

Attached Files:

20. oivoi

oivoi Well-Known Member

I just updated Wrestle Jump with a new game mode - HIT POINTS. Wrestle as many rounds as it takes to drop your opponent's HP to zero - the more powerful your move is, the more damage is done. You can toggle the new mode on from the game's settings menu and you can choose between 1000, 5000 and 10000 hit points to start with.

[​IMG]

Have fun with the update and happy holidays! :)