Wii-like apps: goofy or not?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Philemon, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Philemon

Philemon Member

Jan 25, 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk1gZwfeX0w

Just found this one (iturnu.com)
    This works much like wii games. You have to jump, twist, and perform other kinds of weird stunts. I cried laughing, thinking of similiar (classic) games played in real live situations such as people playing Frogger on the street and actually hopping around like a mad frog on speed. :eek:

2. z0|¥|b1_G-zus

z0|¥|b1_G-zus Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Selinsgrove, PA
    What I think is goofy is that some people think you HAVE to physically do theses things to play these games.

Am I supposed to believe my Wii and/or iPhone won't let me win or progress because it knows I'm really just shaking and spinning the device from the comfort of my couch? Because the day that happens is the day I declare technology to actually be evil and start preparing for the robot apocalypse.

3. Philemon

Philemon Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Attack of the robots

"You are not prepared for the robot invasion? Man, you're a little late :D

But frankly: I've seen people going nuts with wii-games, who normally don't move at all! Since I perform real sports and play real instruments I don't really need such games.
    However, going mobile with these games is another matter, if you play them like they're supposed to play, of course, and not from the comfort of your couch :p
    I can imagine people playing games like iturnu with a bunch of friends at the schoolyard, but the real fun comes when they play it while driving in a bus or at a shopping mall. That's nerdism taken to a new level. :eek:"

4. z0|¥|b1_G-zus

z0|¥|b1_G-zus Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Selinsgrove, PA
    I spend my time preparing for the zombie apocalypse. I feel like there's a better fighting chance against decomposing mounds of flesh and bone that are dumber than me as oppsosed to machines of titanium, steel, and other metals that will probably be intellectually superior.

5. Philemon

Philemon Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Killer Zombies

Depends on the kind of zombies you are facing. Some of them are really mean beasties. Just Compare the dumb "Resident Evil" against the super vile "Shaolin vs Evil Dead" :D

6. Philemon

Philemon Member

Jan 25, 2010