ZENONIA 5 | by GAMEVIL inc.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KPOPLOVER, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackchaos10

blackchaos10 Member

Nov 30, 2012
    So, do the characters have different storyline?

2. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Why is one through 4 on iOS first then by some magic the guy is saying 5 was built for android?

3. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Wish this game was in the app store

4. Linebarrel86

Linebarrel86 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Cog in the corporate machine.
    In my skin...
    Since I game on both platforms and can speak in this case, I will. Currently using my Droid DNA.

Zenonia 5 is showing Gamevils growing greed. I have a level 50 berserker that can't seem to stand toe to toe with level 48 enemies. I've dropped 95% of my points into Con in the hopes that having a physically dominant tank-like character would help me overcome the need for IAP.

For a while, it's worked. Now though, I see that the enemies attacks are much stronger and still able to do severe damage to me.

I figured at first maybe it was just me, but I no longer believe that to be the case.

Gamevil is greedy beyond need. Beyond the obvious push to force you to buy items, they've also forced you to play only when connected to the Internet.

Why? Can someone please explain why in the hell this game needs a connection to play?

One reason: forcing IAP.

To add to this disgrace, Gamevil has reverted back to the old days where equipping your armor won't change the look of your character. Instead, you get the privlege of using Zen to get a pre made avatar.

Ridiculous....

The only way to get Gamevil to change is to get people here on this site to not download this crap.

I realize that companies need to make money to circumvent the pirates. I normally don't mind IAPs when done correctly. I have a job and can more than afford to drop ten or twenty bucks here and there to support a good dev team or company. I normally suggest people do the same.

But when you do the things Gamevil has implemented, its a hard, back-handed slap in the face of your most loyal customers.

I went back and downloaded Zenonia 1 and almost cried. It was so nearly perfect. I paid $5 and got a game that reminded me of Zelda and simply gridded things out until I finished.

I hope sincerely hope we get those days back.

In fact, I'll go as far as to say, if it takes blocking both rooted and jailbroken devices to help to bring back those golden years of mobile gaming, I'm all for it. I'll gladly roll back to see games launch for a set price and eliminates all IAP.

Again, my iOS brethren, skip this title. I guarentee you will be disappointed.

I know I am...

5. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I get what your saying but if I have to grind then so be it. I play zen 4 and never bought zen just leveled up alot. I just wanna see how good it looks on my iOS. One I could never get into I prefer 2 and 3

6. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star
    too bad i was really hoping for a classic Zenonia 1 or 2, thanks for saving my time though

7. gamevil_TA

gamevil_TA Well-Known Member

Update! ZENONIA 5: Wheel of Destiny has been submitted to the App Store right now! It will take a couple of weeks to fully process. We are shooting for a January 10th release for iOS users!

Thank you for your support and patience,
    GAMEVIL​

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

9. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    About damn time

10. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    If it really does require Internet connection, probably not even going to download it.

11. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It's funny and weird that I wanted this game so badly but after hearing a couple of impressions plus the need for internet connection, I probably won't even bother downloading this.

I tried doing the internet thing with Arel Wars 2 but I eventually gave up playing. So I know that it's a problem, at least for me. Bye bye Gamevil.

12. imuddy

imuddy Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I've lost all faith in Gamevil, they can push Zenonia 7 by next week and it still won't change the fact the game is heavily iap oriented. ggg

13. Oliver Splash

Oliver Splash Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Won't be downloading, as im strongly against rpg games requiring Wifi at all times to play, especially when they aren't social/mmo rpg's! :rolleyes:

14. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Zenonia 5 on Wednesday

15. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Kinda intrested in how it will turn out.

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Me 2. 10$ for a avatar on android, how much on iOS? 20$

17. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Might be the same.

18. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Wow. Another Addition To The Problem.

Yep. Freemium IAP game. Developer's are learning that they can make 'easier' money with this junk. Thank you oh-so-much, GAMEVIL, for being a part of the game industry problem.

I own ZENONIA 4. After reading posts about IAP crud in 4, I won't even install/play it. I'm not going to fork money into another 'easy-money' IAP release. Honestly, every gamer should boycott this kind of junk. If people keep un-intelligently buying it, developers will not stop releasing IAP, Freemium balogna.

19. pauldavidmerritt

pauldavidmerritt Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Male
    Ultrasound reporting systems
    East Rutherford NJ
    Yep. It's like Diablo III. REALLY? We have to be limited on when we can use/play/enjoy a product we buy and own? That's stupid. Plain dumb. It's turning into game industry communism. We all will have super-tight restrictions and restraints on what we "own" and "purchase"--when we can and can't play it--

20. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Freemeium isn't stopping no matter what. I been playing 4 without iap. Yes gamevil is a iap hore
    But trust me look at ea's and gameloft's freemeium as well. If you want a "free" and I don't mean freemeium. Get fantasy adventure. That's how free should be