Universal Street Fighter IV: Arena (Capcom)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KiddToKmart, Jun 24, 2014.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    #1 KiddToKmart, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    Capcom and Nexon are currently developing Street Fighter IV Arena for mobile. It's being beta tested in Korea right now.

It's been four years since the Silver Award-winning Street Fighter IV came out on iOS. It's been three years since Street Fighter IV: Volt Battle Protocol, too.

So another Street Fighter IV spin-off seems a little overdue right now. But hey, we're not complaining - we'll gladly take more classic arcade fighting for our mobiles.

Unfortunately, we don't currently know if Street Fighter IV Arena will be a classic fighting game, or something else. We don't even know what mobile platforms it's for.

[​IMG]

The word 'Arena' in the title suggests it might be a little different to the normal Street Fighter formula, mind.

We'll have to wait and see what Street Fighter IV Arena is all about when it's released later this year in Korea. Hopefully it will make its way westwards in time.

Source: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Street+Fighter+IV+Arena/news.asp?c=60230

2. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Nexon??? I'm expecting terrible things.

3. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    This better come with controller support, fighting games and controllers are made for each other. As for "Arena" i have know idea what this could mean, unless it has some traits from the ps1 titles - Battle Arena Toshiden.

4. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Hope to be a cool title

And no card

5. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Theres a zero percent chance this game is not a freemium card battler. You can bet your life on it.

6. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    This better support 4in devices and I really hope it's a traditional sf4 game. Not no crap!!! Please capcom. I've had to stop playing volt because on my 5s the game runs like crap.

7. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    I was surprised to see this thread. I will continue checking this thread because I know nobody will get more info on this quicker then our boys from TA. I really hope this is good!!

8. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
  9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    100 bison dollars that it's not going to be a proper fighting game.

10. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    I always get excited by Capcom releases.

However, history has shown me how bad they are with news, releases and updates.

Anyone remember when they released mvc2 with no announcement? Then we broke the game and there was no update

11. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    of course it won't be!!

12. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Yeah I'm starting to get that feeling.

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Basically take that that tekken card game and reskin it to SF, that's what this game will be.

14. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Volt was a decent game imo,Could have hell lot better but it could have served as a soild foundation.If anything I hope they port the 3ds version of Sf to ios.Thers's money to be made on ios and I would gladly give them my money for it.I don't know why they even bother with card games and stuff,there are much better card games out on appstore and this game can't compete with them at any level.Why not give the fans what they would like to play instead,I guess these card games are super cheap to make but I doubt theh make much money for them.

15. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Seriously? 3DS version?

I think a lot of people would seriously enjoy almost any SF game with online play.

SF2 (any version)
    SF3: 3S
    Any vs series
    SFA3

Yeah, I would play the crap out of those games if they were made with online vs mode

16. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    You say that but how popular is SFXT on iOS ... I would say probably not that popular and it has online play but IMO it's a half baked game that was neglected by capcom.

I use to enjoy playing the game but I think most of that early excitement was down to fact capcom leaves us waiting soooo long for releases and updates to their best titles, so when one finally comes along its a real treat until the dust settles, and then you see the game for all it's flaws.

Anyway I truly hope this is a new fighter and not some crappy card game.

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You can't be serious by putting SFxT as an example. The main version of the game (the console version) was already a huge pile of crap at release, without even talking about the on-disc DLC. The mobile port was even worse, with freemium aspects, way smaller roster (10 characters at release, now 12), lots of stuff missing from the console version (not only cinematics and stuff like that, but also important features of the gameplay like Tag Cancel), and the worst gameplay balance I've seen in any game of any genre.

I think what Harle meant was a PROPER port of those games with online MP, and not another SFxT Mobile.

18. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    Ok chill, firstly I've never played the console version of SFxT so I can't comment on how it played compared to the iOS version, all I know is it looked a hell of a lot better than the iOS port...

Listen, I'm on you guys side here, I'm also after a PROPER street fighter game for iOS . Tbh I thought capcom did well with the follow up to SF4 but I also wish they had pushed Volt further and gave us the retina graphics and a few more chars etc so what I'm after is SF with the same fun gameplay as volt but with MUCH better graphics and animation. Personally I think A5 devices and up are fully capable of more.

19. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    This is a card game. Capcom had announced this game in August of '13, but never gave it an official name.

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I wasn't angry or anything. If it felt that way, sorry.

In regards to Volt, I'd be happy with at least a balance update, but if they're going to release a new SF4 app, I hope they spend some time on making a better engine, because at the time Volt released, every supported iOS device was capable of much more.