Proofreading - Free!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Echoseven, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Hello guys!

Do you have a game badly translated from another language? Did you get complaints from beta testers / players that the story is badly written or hard to follow? Are you afraid to fall into that category?
    Look no further!

I'd like to offer my services as a proofreader/spellchecker to one lucky (;)) developer for nothing more than some bling in the credits.

I can go over any text in your game and make sure it's understandable for any native english speaker.
    (note: I will not write anything new, merely 'fix' text where necessary)

Please PM me with any questions, or for more information.

Thank you!

The rest of the post is back-story and is largely irrelevant unless you're curious.

I would mainly like to get into writing story/plot for video games, and so far that is going well. I have several projects going on, but currently there is a lull and I have some time to work on brand recognition. In other words, I would like to get my finger into as many pies as possible and get my name out there to ensure I have ongoing work in the future.

With a bit of luck, one day I'll be able to make a little profit on the side thanks to this. Being primarily a university student doesn't leave much time for a "normal" job, but writing is very flexible and something I'm passionate about - the perfect combination.

I can only take on one project at a time, so get in quick!

P.S. One thing I will not do is heavily culture-specific text, as that is something that must be understood to be written well.

E7

2. layzerboy

layzerboy Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space
    kudos to your kindness :)

3. artcue

artcue Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Gamedeveloper, Co-Founder of Artcue
    Vienna, Austria
    That sounds really great, we would love to get back to you in a few months :)

4. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    So hey, I have a month before university starts again - is there anyone out there in need of my services?

Still free~

5. Hercule

Hercule Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Yes I'm interested too!