Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. 1220?! And I thought my 700 was epic!

2. kpnuts

kpnuts Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2010
    Hi yeah I have noticed some stuttering on the iphone 4s its not that bad but there is a slight stutter, which at times causes mistakes on the game.

3. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    heh, yeah he's got me scared. My high score is 1251 and I didn't think I'd have to worry about him beating it but he pulled off 1220 and apparently he could have done quite a lot better than that becuase he had 1100 with 10 seconds to go but missed a couple of combos...If he happens to better my score I'm going to go nuts trying to get the top spot back.

4. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Unfortunately that is 100% out of our control. Luckily it only brings down the little slider now, instead of popping down the entire Notification Center like it did in Beta's 1-4!

5. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    lol, I'm sorry you guys had to go through that

6. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    oh damn, my brother got 1301 in arcade mode last night. Now I have to lose my sanity for the next few weeks until I manage to better that... :(

and I still have the stutter problem after about 6 rounds...gonna be a challenge. :)

7. You mean 2301? What mode was the 2X00 in, btw? My 700 ish was in Arcade.

8. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    oh god no, not 2301! No, actually it was 1309. My personal best is 1251 so i have some work to do...

thats all in Arcade mode

9. Haha, I'll be trying to catch up with my 750!

10. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    this game runs like shit on my like shit on my 4th gen touch ,puss in boots on the other hand runs like a charm :(

11. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Yeah pib is fine on my phone too but fn isn't too smooth at all

12. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    has it ever been explained why there still isn't retina support for this?

13. -lambchops-

-lambchops- Active Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Australia
    Why are all the top scores 9,223,372,036,854,775,807?

More importantly why arent they banned?

Edit: Can the Leader board ever be 100% fixed?

14. PixyJunket

PixyJunket Well-Known Member

If there are any more updates planned for this wonderful little game can I suggest a "Random Blade" in the Dojo? Once unlocked, if you select it, you'll have a random blade from all of your unlocked blades on each new game.

15. Zevious Zoquis

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    Just curious - any luck wrt the stutters issue? I'm struggling to get the top score in my friends list back and man its frustrating to play my favorite iphone game now. Even at the best of times I'm experiencing jitters that cuase me to miss combos and I actually have to shut the game down, kill it in the task bar and restart it every 6 or 7 rounds becuase it starts to stutter so bad its unplayable... :( (and I can't get past the feeling that it has something to do with the new ios5 notification pull-down becuase it often seems like things start to get flakey when I accidently activate the notification tab)

I'm not necessarily certain its not a problem with my phone of course but other games seem to play fine.

16. fdajj

fdajj Member

Jan 13, 2010
    #2396 fdajj, Nov 21, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
    yah i noticed the stuttering a bit on my 4s as well with the new ios update.

I have 1416 in arcade....anybody beat that yet? Also over 50 in the bonus slice...I think I saw someone in the forums do that though.

nevermind, just got 1543

17. themorrioghan

themorrioghan New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    new feature?

Not sure where I can find a resolution to this issue, but since I updated my iPad2 to iOS 5.0.1, when I use 4 or more fingers on the screen (i.e. in slicing the pomegranate) the entire screen slides to whatever other app I have inactive or simply shakes and I lose the pomegranate, otherwise the game pauses. Anyone else having this happen? I was accustomed to using five fingers before the update...

18. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ah yes, the multitasking gestures. With 4 or 5 finger swipes and pinches, you can change apps etc, rather than double tapping the home button. To disable them for playing fruit ninja, go to the settings app, general, then slide the multitasking button to off.

19. themorrioghan

themorrioghan New Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Thank you :D

20. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I swear the multiplayer games are against me. My opponent always seems to get a lot more fruit in a row than I ever do. It's only through combos and being quick off the Mark to get 3-pointers that I can win. Even after games end, the opponents score seems to still be going up, despite no fruit on screen!
    Madness!!