Touch arcade - iOS app suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by N4am, May 8, 2012.

1. N4am

N4am New Member

May 8, 2012
    Great app you made :) I'm missing one thing though. It would be great if it was possible to put the upcoming iPhone/iPad from the forum directly to my wishlist. Else a tab on the front page named "upcoming games" so you don't have to see all the released games mix with them.

To sum it up... An easy way to add upcoming games to my wishlist so I can keep track on when they release.

2. Tabarii

Tabarii New Member

May 8, 2012
    I'll put my suggestion in here too :)

Can we have the add to watch list button added to the news and reviews articles please?

Currently it's got the price, but no add to watch list from that screen, so you've got click a few more buttons, remember the name, search for it, then add it to your watch list.

Thanks for an awesome app :)

3. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Possible, but a later feature.

Well, a quick way is to scroll to the bottom of the article. All the listed apps are linked there, so no searching required.

We'll add a direct toggle in the next version.

arn

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    My suggestion is to show unread messages on forums! I don't use that app for forum because of that.

5. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Can you clarify?

I think we added this.

arn

6. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Will there be an edit button? I haven't seen one yet. I looked in the settings and all.

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Right now the tracking function only works for game threads. Threads on the rest of the forum can't be tracked. :(

(I think that's what they mean?)

8. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

Landscape orientation? (or just for reply mode)

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Oh yeah didn't notice it was shown as yellow

10. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    Also, is there not an upload photo feature?

11. SpeckledJim

SpeckledJim Member

Apr 25, 2012
    A UI quirk. Why are some pages able to scroll much more freely than others? For example, go to News & Reviews, and flick to scroll. It moves as you'd expect, in terms of speed and how long it takes to come to rest. Now if you click one of the reviews and try again, it's much less free, there's more friction.

12. 0-FeliX-0

Sep 25, 2011
    I haven't seen an option to subscribe to a thread in here either... Is there one?

13. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    #13 sakinnuso, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
    Love the app, still waiting on the iPAD version. Couple of concerns, though. Don't know if they're being addressed in a future update...

#1. i go to the front page of the TA website, and see two games that catch my eye on the sidebar: Suspect in Sight and Mutantstorm. I go to the iOS app on my phone to nudge me when they hit the US appstore.

I do a search, and neither comes up. Checked my spelling, repeated process. No go. Apparently, I cannot add these games to my watch list. Bummer. Funny, they're on the front page of TA.

#2. Order of events: boot up the TA app, see Strikefleet Omega on my sidebar of HOT Apps (this was weeks ago). Wow, how AWESOME!! I've never heard of this one. I click on it, and it's unavailable. Repeat several times, restart phone thinking there's a funky RAM issue or something.

Upon further research: apparently, it's only in Canada or some such (after researching the message boards). Why is this showing up on my app recommendation list? The game, of course, has since been pulled from the Appstore, but the lesson, apparently, is one that the TA guys can possibly use to tweak the INCREDIBLE app recommendation/watch list feature in future updates. Maybe the recommendations are region-specific??

14. DemonJim

DemonJim Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2010
    App Developer
    UK
    Great work on the app, am also looking forward to it going universal.

One question though, is there any chance of having signatures show up in the forums?

I guess sigs were mainly omitted due to space constraints - but perhaps we could set a special smaller restricted sig for use in the app, say 1 or 2 lines of 40 chars or something, and only use the longer 4 line one on the web.

That way sigs don't take up half the screen on iPhone affecting the user experience. What do you think?

15. mondoz

mondoz Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    Why did the app start showing the forum web pages instead of the app-version? The old version was so much easier to navigate.

16. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    Yes please, typing in portrait mode is so awful.

17. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    #17 ultimo, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    +1 for siggy & landscape mode!

for siggys, may be a simpler way of implememting would be an option to toggle it on and off ;)

Also, the scrolling up & down in te text box is so difficult if the content is even a line more than the characters it occupies, can this be looked into please?

back to add + 1 for the battery drain too... oh Lord!

PS: has anyone noticed that blank space one gets under te save edit button?

18. mondoz

mondoz Well-Known Member

May 31, 2012
    Full-screen ads now? When did this become a good idea?

19. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    I would like for the app to send me a specific notification if one of the apps i'm watching goes free. Besides saying "This app just dropped in price!" it could say "This app just became free!" or "This app just dropped to <insert price here>".

20. Badtz

Badtz Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2011
    #20 Badtz, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    Will the universal update include landscape mode for the iPad?

Edit: watched the TA video