Puffer's Train Challenge! - new "Indy" game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DoodleDudeDan, Nov 10, 2011.

1. DoodleDudeDan

DoodleDudeDan Member

Nov 9, 2011
    "Indie" iPhone App Developer
    Kent, WA
    Shelly Data Doodles is pleased to announce the upcoming release of our first iOS game - Puffer's Train Challenge!
    A train puzzle game, built on the cocos2d game framework, that starts off simple but grows more challenging and more addicting as the game and the train roll along... :)

Puffer will be available in English, French, German, and Spanish and runs on iPhones & iPod Touches (3 & 4) running iOS 3.2 or newer. (OK it also looks pretty awesome on iPad's (2x) mode to me too) Just Sayin!

[​IMG]

Both a Full and a Lite version of Puffer's Train Challenge! are currently in Review at Apple and will hopefully be available Soon!

Having seen the amazing videos presented here for new games, I'm a little embarrassed to show you the "cheesy demo vid" I shot and posted on youtube, but it does give a pretty good feel for some of the features of the game. (unlike this video, Puffer will NOT appear "slightly sideways" on your iPhone or iPod) :rolleyes:

Introducing Puffer's Train Challenge!

I had several more ideas for Puffer, including an entire "Cow World" where Puffer need's to round up stray cows off the tracks and a timed game mode for gamers like my sons who love being the world's fastest and posting their times... So I look forward to your feedback to let me know what you do & don't like - plus what you'd like to see added in any future updates.

We have a Forum set up for Puffer Train players to share tips, tricks & other info, but touchArcade is an Awesome site! As an indy developer, I can assure you that I will be checking in here regularly to catch your feedback!

Thanks for checking out my new game when it becomes available, and I hope you enjoy playing Puffer's Train Challenge!

DoodleDudeDan

2. Das Bastich

Das Bastich New Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Puffer's challange

I've testing this off and on for some time now. This game is a little deceiving in that it proves to be basic enough for a child but gets quite challenging even for adults. Anyone who likes puzzlers should definately check this out when it releases. It will be interesting to see the game center rankings as the scores start rolling in.

3. DoodleDudeDan

DoodleDudeDan Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Kent, WA
    Created a short Puffer Preview Video up on youtube for anyone who wants a quick look at Puffer's Train Challenge. The video in my "upcoming release" posting up above was pretty lame.

Clearly, I do better at writing code than at making videos... :p

DoodleDudeDan

4. DoodleDudeDan

DoodleDudeDan Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Kent, WA
    #4 DoodleDudeDan, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011