Universal Junk Jack Retro (By Pixbits)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Normally you spawn wherever you spawned in the world for the first time. I guess that's where you built your forge.

The bed lets you choose where you spawn after you die, but it's mainly useful only if you built your house elsewhere.

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok makes sense - no matter, I hit it to spawn there. Just one level above my forge anyway.

3. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    So I've been working on my epic house which I'll share later, but to finish off the library I need to find two more statue pieces.

Is there a specific pattern to statues? As in depth, biome, etc?

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Hey! I've been looking at buying Junk Jack (almost for sure will, the only question is when i stop psyching myself out and pull the trigger :p). But I saw somewhere that this is a 'launch special'. Is that true?

5. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    It's only $3 for an awesome game. Buy it.

6. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    If it is GO BUY IT, what are you waiting for, the price to increase?

7. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Launch special or not, it's worth $3. Hell, it's worth much more! Support the devs and buy it at this price even risking to lose an offer. You'll enjoy the game for days until the offer arrives :D It's like Shadowgun: I love the game and don't mind to pay premium price to support devs, even having an offer as the one there is now.

8. LifeIsWeird

LifeIsWeird Member

Aug 4, 2011
    I'm loving Junk Jack right now, and it actually looks really good x2 on my iPad. can't wait for the mailbox and quests and such!

9. deadclown

deadclown Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    My point was that having machine gun tapping be superior (timewise or other) to the forthcoming tap-hold mechanic is a bit unfair to people like me who have work-related repetitive motion disorder (which is WAY more common than most people think.)

I'm grateful for the implementation of single-touch block-breaking. I just feel that there isn't a compelling gameplay reason not to make it completely fair (ie normal tap rate will destroy a block in approximately the same amount of time as an automated touch (preferable!) or touch-hold mechanic.)

It may seem like splitting hairs...but a HUGE number of working professionals don't make time to visit forums and post their opinions, so I wanted to make sure that that opinion was presented (and in a reasonable way).

10. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You know, I'm perfectly happy with "auto-tapping" being slower than the regular way - there must be eleventy-billion video games that give you a manual and auto fire buttons where you can tap the manual fire faster.

Sad thing is that part of my mouse-gained injury (that's what I get for trying to finish Magic Carpet II in one sitting with a crappy little MS Home mouse (you know the cute little blue one that looks like a house? That one.)) is that I can spaz my fingers and tap quite fast - I can totally own at Track & Fiels and those little Hudson button-mashers. And Game & Watch.

Now where was I? Oh yeah, this game totally rocks, and it'll be even better (for me at least) when we have the option to hold-to-mine!

Sorry, I should be posting more on the official forum (am on there, though not much yet... ;))

11. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Being a part of the "older" generation of gamers I can completely understand. Having problems with my hands from time to time due to repetitive motion I understand even more. So I DO see the need or desire or both. And I will make due with what is presented to me as options.

However, how would a developer know the "right" speed to hold to do anything. Button mashers will always do things faster as they control how fast or slow they mash - tap a lot and take a break and tap some more? Or flat out tap?

There won't be a happy speed to set it at unfortunately. If an auto tap is set too fast then the people that like to manually tap will complain it is unfair to them. If the auto tap is too slow then the people that use it will say it is taking too long.

The bottom line is that if there are two ways of accomplishing something, a gamer must make the decision for themselves which to use and that won't always be "fair." The only constant in any debate like this is that not everyone will end up being satisfied.

In the end this is a sandbox game - I am honestly, HONESTLY not sure why there needs to be a debate about the speed of mining anyway. Unless there is some ranking system in the works? Is this becoming a race? It's not that kind of game! Mine. Create. Build. Why does it matter how fast you do it?

12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #512 Agas, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

JUNK JACK is one of the nominees for Touch Arcade Game of the Week.

Do you like this retro exploration sandbox game?
    If you think JUNK JACK deserves to be the winner of TAGOTW, give it your vote now!

[thread=112918]VOTE HERE[/thread]

13. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Agreed 100%, people should just have fun with this, and enjoy it at their own levels of play.

14. Since87

Since87 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2010
    theres just always a crowd of people who just feel entitled to ask for the game's whole 'formula' or 'way to play' w/e to be changed.

i.e requested a dpad for Tilt To Live

my thing is.. is the game mechanics arent for you.. choose a new game.
    great thing im not a developer.

thank you pixbits.

15. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Voted obviously for junk jack

16. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle

Honestly that is a bad example. Tilt To Live is very similar to pacifist mode on Geometry Wars, which was addictive as hell. I for one hate tilt mechanics and prefer another source of control, so it would make sense for that to happen.

17. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    You do realize you just proved his point, right?

18. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    We should probably get back on topic now. Thanks.

If everyone loves Junk Jack as much as you seem to - go vote!

19. Gamigo78

Gamigo78 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2011
    Does anyone know how to fix the crashing issues after selecting a world on my iPad 2? Maybe I played it too long :D.

20. tantriskb

tantriskb New Member

Move Bed

Does anyone know how to move a bed or chest once place?