Nimian Legends: BrightRidge Cartographers and Exploration Guild

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nullzone, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #1 Nullzone, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    Welcome, fellow explorers, wanderers and cartographers!
    Sit down, take a drink and grab a snack, and share your tales with us.

Spoilers:
    Hypocrypha kindly pointed this out, thanks!
    No need to hide/mark "spoilers", as this is what the whole thread is about: sharing where to journey, and what you can find where.

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #2 Nullzone, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    To get the ball rolling, I'll start with a great vantage point: Libertesse.

From the starting location, turn left and make your way up to Libertesse, the white statue holding up a sword.
    There, turn to have the sun on your left. Below, you will see the chasm spanned by two bridges.
    Now, when you look at the far off mountain range, you can just make out the Spiral Tower there, half-hidden behind clouds.
    If you wait a while, the clouds drift around, obscuring and revealing it again. And you can watch a flock of birds cross your sight.
    Oh, and when you change into the Eagle, you can actually fly with the birds.

Attached Files:

3. Hypocrypha

Hypocrypha Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Fabulous! Now I gotta go play some and write down directions to post lol!

How about that surprise(s) under the sea?

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Always welcome! And I still didn't find that one under the sea, I think; would be great if someone can drop directions in the other thread.

5. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    #5 Protopop, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
    Gosset Falls / Soderpoint

Gosset Falls

History
    Soderpoint is a rock that overlooks Gosset Falls. It's my favorite spot in the game, and will be the home spot for the Spirit Hunter, a new character coming in an update. This spot overlooks Esherwood, a green leafy rose-filled valley just below BrightRidge inn, and the home of the Stag.

A beautiful shortfalling misty river located a few steps east of BrightRidge Inn.

[​IMG]

6. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    #6 Protopop, Aug 13, 2014
    Thanks Nullzone - this is really cool:)

7. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    #7 Protopop, Aug 13, 2014
    The Corpse of Nikemus Noos

History
    Nikemus Noos was a famed Igri explorer who traveled the world, making maps and archiving the local lore from dozens of nations. Nikemus slipped and fell while exploring the chasm south of BrightRidge. At least he perished doing what he loved, and has his final resting place amid the wilderness he so loved to explore.

His frozen body can be found by traveling through a slim crack near the eastern mouth of the chasm.

[​IMG]

8. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    #8 Protopop, Aug 14, 2014
    The Old City

History
    destroyed generations ago when powerful forces ripped through the shoreline city, upheaving the coast and sliding VilPort under the sea. The Behemoos were the creatures who destroyed VilPort - creatures so massive and ancient the very few things can defy them. And now it's rumored one is returning to the depths of the open coast.

Go out past bear country to the eastern shore and swim out towards the sea and eventually you'll come across the old city.

[​IMG]

9. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Gossidan

History
    Gossidan's companion swam away a century ago, into the open coast in search of a Behemoos, massive ancient beings who today number less than 40 planet wide. She still sings for him as she patrols the coast, waiting for him to return. And when he does, she may not like what he brings back.

Go to the windmill in fox country and youll see a spiral tower rising out of the water. Swim out to the tower and look around. Sooner or later Gossidan will swim by. You can even run on her back if she lets you, or fly along side her while she swims.

[​IMG]

10. Hypocrypha

Mar 28, 2014
    That's it! I totally saw the whale right at the old city tho. Freaked me out at first!

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #11 Nullzone, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
    The whale is great, my kid was around by chance when I saw it first and really liked it. Had to swim after it for quite a bit ;)

12. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    Man... Just SO MUCH beauty!! I am loving this.

13. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Igri Shrine

History
    Igri shrines dot the landscape, usually hidden within dense vegetaion. most of the original statues have been destroyed and replaced with Niji statues of the god of peace Pajex. Still, they are refered to as igri shrines because of the spiritual importance attached to the locations they're found in

Travel to BrighRidge in. Go past the wagons just outside the main door and you will find a flat road-like ridge that runs alongside the chasm. Run down this ridge until you encounetr a field of roses with a waterfall jusr beside it. this waterfall falls into the Igri Shrine below.

[​IMG]

14. Hypocrypha

Mar 28, 2014
    I'd really love a recap detailed directions to that sorta cave before it's developed more, even tho I'm excited for it to be developed ASAP lol

15. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Maybe this will help:)

[​IMG]

16. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
  17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #17 Vovin, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014

This is clearly inspired by H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos - at least in my humble opinion. ;)
    Ruins under water, an old and long forgotten city and ancient, massive creatures. That building might be the holiday residence of Mother Hydra and Father Dagon. Or better: the outhouse of the holiday residence. :)

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #18 Nullzone, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    @Vovin: Nice, even being a huge Lovecraft fan myself, I never thought of it that way.
    One of the updates will bring a mysterious cyclopean city island rising from the sea, I'm sure ;)

@Protopop: The travel guide rocks, even with the horrible auto-translation. Exactly what I want to do for a while already, just didn't find a quiet hour or two to complete, polish and post it.

19. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I loved the Cthulhu stories:) They're so otherworldy - id love to have the skill to evoke that kind of dark terror in a narrative but my imagination is more bouncy.

The Behemoos were among the first creatures born of a world coming back to life. There's a history of terraforming and genetic mutation in there, but there's about 40 left world wide and most of them are huge.

Here's a place you haven't been to yet, but you'll be able to visit in update 1.2 Im setting the groundwork for the upcoming quests

BreesPillar

[​IMG]

20. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    BrightRidge Map

Update 1.2 has a lot of great additions, but one that many people were asking for is an ingame map. Later versions will be interactive, but for now it gives you an idea of what's out there:)

[​IMG]