Universal Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm (In development)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fox-One-1, Aug 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    It has been a long time, fellow toucharcadians! Five years ago we announced development of Oceanhorn on these same forums and today, I'm happy to announce the development of a new Cornfox & Bros. game: Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm!

Here is how it looks!

[​IMG]
    Oceanhorn has been in development for little over a year

The boy has grown up? That’s right! But he is a different boy altogether! Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm is set in another time period on the Oceanhorn timeline. The game has a new Hero, a boy who has been trained to become a Knight of Arcadia.

Oceanhorn 2 will be built upon the same elements that were the heart and soul of the first Oceanhorn game: exploring a colorful world, a deep backstory with secrets and twists, amazing music, and most importantly – classic Action RPG gameplay with items, puzzles, battles, and badass bosses!

[​IMG]
    The Caster is a magical weapon that only Knights carry

The game is played from a third person camera angle that will take players right into the heat of action and allows them to explore even the smallest details of Arcadia. Our battle system consists of sword fighting, utilizing powerful spells and finding creative ways to use various items that Hero discovers on his travels.

One of the key items in the game is the Caster, a gun that shoots magical projectiles! It will have many uses on the player’s adventure, from puzzle solving to luring enemies and casting directed spells.

[​IMG]
    The game will feature a traversable world map

Oceanhorn 2 will also feature a traversable and vast world map that consists of fields, forests, mountains, and water. It works as a hub between levels, dungeons and towns, much like in many of the classic JRPGs.

Oceanhorn 2 is an opportunity to create something new from the strong background that we established with our previous game. In Oceanhorn 2, we want to emphasize the elements that people loved and create something new and brave on that foundation.

"For us, Oceanhorn 2 is the fulfillment of a JRPG dream."

The world of Oceanhorn has grown and so has our team. The core team working on Oceanhorn 2 is now a team of five!

Heikki Repo, Creator and Lead Artist
    Jukka Viljamaa, Lead Programmer
    Antti Viljamaa, Lead Programmer
    Kalle Hämäläinen, Graphics Programmer
    Miko Kiuru, Game Artist

For us, Oceanhorn 2 is the fulfillment of a JRPG dream. It is a dream of running down green fields with the warmth of the sun on your face. It is a dream of learning the secrets of ancient ruins despite the danger. It is also a dream of finding yourself looking at beautiful mountains on the horizon and imagining what’s beyond them. It will be an amazing journey ahead of us and we hope that you will join us on that journey!

In the upcoming months, we will have many things to show to you and many secrets to unveil regarding Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm. This is a dream project for us, but even more importantly, we are making this game for you to enjoy and experience.

Official development blog
    oceanhorn.blogspot.com

Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm - Title Theme
    https://youtu.be/mRhG2mF5KSY

2. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I loved the first Oceanhorn, so I'm really looking foward to this one !

Looks and sounds great so far XD

3. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    No way! Can't wait for this!

4. tahzblade

tahzblade Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Do you know the device requirement for the game, or is it to early to tell ?

Also, since the first Oceanhorn is now being ported to Andorid, will this game also be coming to Andoid ?

5. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

The first game is still one of my favs, and has a guaranteed place on all of my devices.
    Can't wait for this one!! ^^

6. wizy

wizy Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2015
    OMG!!!There no way man. I can't wait for this,I need it now

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Niiiiiiiice! This is fantastic fantastic news!

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Great news!! And a great idea on how you're gonna evolve this one and in what has become an oceanhorn thing the graphics are amazing!

9. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    The first Oceanhorn got so many awesome updates. This is rad news.

10. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    OMG! This It's What i Want Listen! Can Wait!

11. Puke Aces

Puke Aces Well-Known Member

This.....is.....AWESOME! I can't wait for it :D

12. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    The kid in me still can't believe the quality of game graphics and play on my phone or a tablet as thin as a pencil.

13. jordanfwc

jordanfwc Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Dang I wanted to post this announcement but TA was down earlier :p
    This game looks awesome, hope its mobile-first again

14. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #14 italodance, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Hi Fox

it's good to see you again after a while, I'm so excited about the second episode of your masterpiece Oceanhorn. I can't wait to get my hands on and sure on my new iPad pro 12.9" ummm does it support it? doesn't it? Anyway when it will be available on Appstore? :)

Edit:

Fox please don't forget the music element , hope to see almost same music on Oceanhorn 2 as well.

15. Ophelius

Ophelius Member

May 19, 2016
    Got an iPad Air 2 hope I can play without too much lag. My ancient iPad 4 could handle Ocen Horn flawlessly.
    Finger cross

16. myopicpaideia

myopicpaideia Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 31, 2012
    CFO
    Sweden
    Yes!

Such awesome news! I've played through the original 4 times myself and my son and daughter, ages 4 and 6, are completely in love with it as well - they sometimes just spend 20 minuted sailing around to different islands looking for a good secluded fishing spot! They've dubbed him "Oceanhorn boy." :)

This is the first news in a long while that has made me excited about a game, on any platform. Can't wait to flow the development and show my kids the next iteration! Keep up the great work!

17. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    OOO My God! ok im lost.. dont know what to say :D

18. Admirilian

Admirilian Member

May 17, 2016
    Well what can I say? This looks fantastic. I just hope It isn't free-to-play...

19. hrbrt

hrbrt Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Graphic Design Manager
    Indiana
    Wow, the Hero is all grown up! This is the first RPG for iOS that I completed b/c it was so good! Can't wait to play the sequel!

20. hrbrt

hrbrt Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Graphic Design Manager
    Indiana
    Can't wait! Oceanhorn was the first RPG for iOS that I played all the way through. Cannot wait!