iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    I wish I knew.

Look for psxsquall replays online (aka fffan7777 here). He beat me so badly once, my internet connection died. Seriously, I was without the internet for 2 hours.

I have trouble with most Bisons, and I have trouble using him effectively.

2. iVoloster

iVoloster Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    Alright man so I wrote up a quick guide to the Akuma match up that you can check out anytime on the TA guide in my Sig and I will paste it here as well. It's gonna be a long tough road learning this match up but you will start to notice that the Akuma match becomes quite scripted after awhile and you start to learn to punish them for it.

Anyways heres the guide:

vs Akuma: If you've ever played the original Mario and fought Bowser then you already will have a good grasp on how this fight will go against the majority of Akumas you will play online. Akuma is meant to be played as a high stakes rush down character with a ton of mix up options unfortunately most of the volt online community plays him as a zoning character. The zoning play style can be frustrating to Fei players at first because it seems like there is no way to win with them throwing fireball after fireball and teleporting away. Truthfully though this is the easiest match up in the game once you learn to punish this play style, your goal with this type of player is to back them into a corner and punish their teleport escape attempt. At the beginning of the match immediately dash forward to either go under their jump back fireball or to stay on top of their back teleport attempt and you are now one step closer to pushing them to the corner. There is nothing wrong with eating chip fireball damage and creeping forward between fireballs, or use properly spaced Chicken Wings to go over them also if you have the meter you can use ex chicken wing to go right through them. If Akuma trys to teleport through you immediately start a rekka string and the second or third will catch him giving you a knockdown. Chicken Wing on wake up is welcome in this match and will beat out anything he does on wake up if done properly including Raging Demon, Akuma's never seem to learn this and will almost always try to punish your chicken wing with a raging demon, use this to your advantage. Once Akuma is pushed into the corner he has one of three options teleport out, srk on wake up, or block, if you wind up a focus attack and then back dash on knock down you can bait his teleport or SRK and catch him with a standing punch rekka combo this is the easiest way to start mixing them up and make them afraid to teleport/srk on wake up, once you have successfully baited out a teleport/SRK and punish it pushing them back into the corner you can start hitting them with chicken wing pressure to keep them there. When you connect a Chicken wing in the corner always go for a flame kick right after to get the most damage on Akuma and to get another knockdown starting the mix up game again. Once Akuma has Ultra make sure you are only throwing out safe chicken wings from close distances and single rekka's on block anything more can be punished with ultra. The above strategies may seem like a lot of work and at first it is but eventually the match up becomes one that you know you will win right at the character screen because like a said before majority of the Volt players do not player Akuma correctly.

I'm going to try to hop onto friendlies to get a few recordings for reference as well so people can see a visual representation of how to handle this match up.

3. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    Excellent strategy.
    Any thoughts on using rekkas to scoot under air fireballs? The landing recovery from air fireballs is pretty bad, I know I often use honda headbutts to get under fireballs and connect.
    Any thoughts on using EX rekkas with their projectile cancellation properties (and continuing through to hit with rekka x 2/rekka x 3 after)? Or is that generally pointless, with the EX chicken wing as a far better option?

4. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Exactly! I've been saying that so much I've practically been preaching it.

He's very effective when played aggressively.
    Why would you zone and play keep-away with somebody that can throw two airborne fireballs and dive at opponents in four different ways?:confused:

5. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    .. the same reason that Sagats use low kick > knee and jump kick > standing kick, and mash that Ultra ... =(

6. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    because a violent sneeze could kill him :D kidding but a papercut will definitely end him ;)

7. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    pwahahaha. Viorent SNeeeeZU!!!
    Viper's Seismic looks a bit like a viorent sneezu. :D

8. iVoloster

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    Rekka's actually cross under Akuma and leaves you pretty open due to the third rekka recovery, as far ex rekka's are concerned they are more of a punish tool not a tool I use to get around fireballs because although they are invincible to single fireballs Akuma will usually recover at the range he would use them at anyways and it is not invincible against multi hit projectiles like the ex or red fireball. EX chicken wing is much more practical and allows for a follow up combo after it connects making it the much more potent/safe option.

9. berserk_2nd

berserk_2nd Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2011
    good game, pretty close, hope next game we won't have any lag:)

10. squall2002

squall2002 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011

The best Akuma I have seen play elusively, like snakes, he comes in bite you, he comes out, he comes in bite you again, he comes out, he will attack you in all different angles and moves, but he will never stay in your face to let you catch him. I think this is ultimately how akuma should be played.

even though akuma has high damage output moves, but because of the tiny little HP he has, he cannot trade punches with anybody, if you play too aggressively, you will eventually get caught. the more moves you make, the more vulnerable you become. Rush down type of play only works on player who has less skills than you. I hate to say it, but consider two equal skilled players, rush down with akuma = sucide.

11. mooken

mooken Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Canada
    I've definitely found the same to be true of C.Viper (also like a snake .. ?). Sustained, continuous pressure (and predictable pressure) will eventually be countered, even with errant random uppercuts or ultras.

12. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Squall. Glad you made a run during the "good match" tourney to get the bonus points. Now TP is hard to come by. I've literally played 300 matches this week but we need to keep it up. The Clan is actually catching us! :mad:

13. squall2002

squall2002 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think we have a solid 400 TP lead right now, we should be good if we just keep playing. even as mighty as Police Vietnam is, he can't get 400 wins in a single day, can he? :D

14. 0-FeliX-0

0-FeliX-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2011
    Akuma's that St. K - Goshoryuken sort of annoy me. Because, for example, they do that if they stun me or Focus Attack me, when they could do St. P - Tatsu - Goshoryuken. It's downright crazy.

15. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    #13475 NotYou, Feb 2, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    That's pretty much what I do. After I knock them down, I back off a little, usually with a jump/fireball to keep them at bay. Then I wait for them to attack or block and come at them again accordingly. If you do it right they tend to freak out and start getting defensive.

He can dive at opponents in so many ways it makes it hard for them to keep up. You just have to be smart about it.

16. HEIF_37

HEIF_37 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Hey Apprunner, good fights.

I don't have trouble with most Cammy matchups, but your Cammy against my bison is just impossible... I can not do it.

Zangief was the trick up my sleeve, as I expected... much easier match up =D

17. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    GG Heif. Geif is a tough matchup for me. I'm like 50% against him even against mid level players :( BTW, out of 30 Bison matches in the last 3 days, I'm 30-0 :D

18. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    sorry for only going two sets, I am 2 minutes late to my meeting now haha

19. HEIF_37

Jan 3, 2012
    I fought a cammy using geif the other day and it amazed me how much easier the match up is then with bison ha

20. iVoloster

Dec 8, 2010
    Insurance
    NY
    I agree with the first half of your statement, but not so much the second. Characters like Akuma/Seth in Street Fighter are considered Glass Cannon characters, they are given the tools to be extremely dominant in a rush down/mix up gameplay at the expense of having lower life.

Lower life does mean that they are less viable in a slug fest but that they have all the tools to make sure they are doing a better job of mixing up their opponent and never give them time to think. Volt simplifies the console mechanics and gives Akuma his most import mix up tools, people just seem to under utilize his dive kick pressure, and his demon flip/palm/slid mix up games.