Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Lol same here Lucian.

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I am almost as well the only few things I'm watching out for on IOS are Kairosoft games and the Galaxy on Fire 2 expansion, and it's safe to say they will only be getting played when my Vita is on charge or I'm out and about.

On Vita I have several future titles already on my mind the only real question is can I afford even half of them.

3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I look for high-quality iOS releases. That's a subjective interpretation, obviously. In my estimation, there are only a handful of these a month. Air Supremacy, Chaos Rings 2, and Mass Effect Infiltrator have all come out recently, but there are months that don't even recieve that many high-quality releases.I

4. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Playing ios for 3 years and then buying a Vita... the tactile feel of analogues+buttons has really shown me what i've been missing. My iPad and Vita will co-exist nicely as they offer quite different experiences.

Question... My L shoulder button has a bit of a spongy-squeak when pressed hard. The R doesn't have this..... It's minor as seems to work as it should, but it's bugging me. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

5. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #1065 Teknikal, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    No but I did read about someones issue with it on a Vita forum I can't remember which one it was as I was just randomly looking through a few. What I do remember is they tightened one of the screws and said it fixed it so best of luck.

edit: oops I had it wrong they actually loosened the screw slightly the thread is here

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Yep, I have that too.

If this was apple they'd probably say "you're pressing it wrong!" :D

7. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I bought iOS games nearly every day because they were so cheap. Since getting the Vita, I haven't bought any iOS games.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I haven't really been playing my Vita much since getting my new PS3(to replace my broken one) with Tales of Grace F. Love the game.

I'll get back to my Vita once I finish Tales. I've been wanting to finish Ys Seven on my Vita.

9. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Been hammering Marvel vs Capcom because was gonna trade it in-but now im keeping it cos i keep winning and love it now! Haha :) 10game win streak woooo!

10. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    So I have to admit, I bought an Apple TV for mirroring/gaming and have been in love with that type of device-to-device interoperability.

With that said, I am considering buying a ps3... I don't own any current gen consoles and am seriously interested in how the Vita works with the PS3. Is it worth it, or is it just another novelty?

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    For right now the Vita--PS3 functionality isn't very fleshed out, so in that sense, yes it's just another novelty(for now).

The PS3 itself has some great games though, the system itself isn't a novelty and will open the doors to some wonderful games. If you like deeper games, like the ones on the Vita, the PS3(or 360 for that matter) are on another level.

12. mashead2000

Remote play is pretty bland at the mo-all you can do is navigate the ps3 home screen and access the psn store
    Supposedly the next update (whenever its due) will allow you to play ps3 games on the Vita - which will be awesome! But when itll be out- who knows

But getting a ps3 is totally worth it-get Mass Effect 3 too ;)

13. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Thanks for that, i'll take a look. Oddly, it doesn't appear to squeak since i picked it up this evening.

Indeed ;)

14. mashead2000

Okay-just found out Gravity Rush has a demo on Hong Kong store
    Created a Hong Kong account on my Ps3 and downloading it now-
    Then fingers crossed i can then transfer it to my Vita :D

15. mashead2000

Nope didnt work :( cant transfer content over different accounts :( damn you Sony!!! Lol

16. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
  17. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    As of right now, there really isn't much functionality between the Vita and PS3. Sony has promised some really cool features in the future and teased us with a few demos and comments- but they haven't expanded upon anything yet. We might see more at E3, but who knows? Some speculation (and something Sony said was possible/they have thought about doing) is functionality between the Vita and PS3 like the Wii U and its controller.

What I think would be cool is if they allowed blue-tooth tethering between the two (it currently isn't allowed), or if we could use it as a controller for current PS3 games (the back touchpad and front touchscreen could easily make up for the lack of R2, L2, R3, and L3 buttons). Then, you could use your Vita as a controller, use the mic on the Vita if you don't have a headset/if you want to, and you could use the screen for messaging/typing (because the PS3 controller sucks at entering text) or for looking up guides etc.

Sony still has yet to clarify their plans for remote play between the PS3 and Vita. They showed several games being played via remote play, and some developers spoke about it, but nothing has been done yet. They may have run into issues with getting it to work- most games work with remote play fine, but the developers have to allow for it (it's a single line of code in the game data- if it's edited, then it may run fine- you just need a hacked PS3).

18. Rasec Noir

Rasec Noir Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Porto, Portugal
    Well, since there was the possibility to buy the vita cheaper i saved some money and i bought it. i have it for a week now but i still haven't much time to play it but i have uncharted, ninja gaiden, motorstorm and rayman.
    i tried a little of rayman and motorstorm and i think i'm gonna have a blast of fun.

I have the ipad 2 but ios games are kinda boring me a little and since i'm all day out of the house i don't have time to use my 360 so i hope the vita will help me in my life xP

I have no friends since it's the first time i use psn so if anyone wants to add me i would be very happy ^^

PSN ID: Rasec46

Well, i've been following this topic for some time and a reading a lot of the people comments make me choose to have a ps vita. Hope the future for it will be good.

To finish so the post doesn't get too big i leave here some pics of my vita in case anyone wants to take a look. ^^

Front:
    http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8274/img0102lx.jpg
    http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8751/img0114zd.jpg

Back:
    http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6351/img0109jg.jpg
    http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/9318/img0115ax.jpg

The case i got for cheap at fnac.
    Nothing special since i have the vita on my backpack.
    http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5987/img0116tx.jpg

19. mashead2000

20. mashead2000

Got iand it works!!!! Bedtime now tho its 3.30am here lol!