Video Game Music Composer available

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Calined, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Calined

Calined Member

Oct 30, 2009
    video game music composer
    hi guys =)

are there some teams who need unique music for their iphone games instead of those web-loops? :rolleyes:

here is my recent portfolio: http://music.calined.de

note me whenever interest occurs,

Chris~

2. smoke27

smoke27 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Hi,

Well, you have great ideas man, but i think you want to begin a little too high on the pyramide.

It sounds, great, but, limited. A little trick, try to have a following in your notes...maybe you have to learn your piano theory a little more...!

The most important are the transitions, you have to always give a punch to a new incoming instrument, something who will anounce it.

I'm not the best and I still have a lot to learn, but, I think you should take these advices in consideration.

My best regards,

Dom

3. Calined

Calined Member

Oct 30, 2009
    hey, thank you for taking the time to give me this advice =)
    i appreciate that!

i am currently figuring out how to make my songs longer... not so repeative... and also to make good transistions..

so your advice totally comes into the right direction =)

my current project is this http://calined.de/100_music_themes/

what do you think about eternity so far?

thanks for your time,

Chris~

4. smoke27

smoke27 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Hey,

Wow, Eternity is really nice! Keep up the good work:)

Do you know how to mix and do mastering? It's important if you want to sound professional.

Here's some of my songs, listen to the volume difference between lost and groovy honey moon.

http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/1988836

I won't explain how to do a mix and a mastering, you'll have to figure that out yourself, but you can search on google, for forums about it...

Cya and take care;)

Dom

5. Calined

Calined Member

Oct 30, 2009
    hey =D
    i listened to your stuff^^

mostly i liked the blaze title song and this mario stuff is somehow cool too XD

also factory is really.. factory-ish XD
    (like really some image of an older game came in.. something like turtles or something..)

there is really a big volume difference between lost and groovy honey moon!

hm i read about mastering like 2 days ago and i was sooo overwhelmed with it~! o-o
    it seems to be its whole own theory~ stereo enhancing, volume balancing and stuff...

i will read more about it to finish eternity, thanks for the advice, it seems to be really important!

Chris~

6. smoke27

smoke27 Active Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Hey, thanks for the kind comments:)

Something you really need to do in your mix, it's to put effects on praticly all your instrument, reverb and delays etc...

Equalize all your instruments, give some frequencies and remove some to other sounds, like if your kick is in 50-100 hertz, and you have a big synth who takes alot of frequencies, make a little hole in that 50-100 on your synth, it will give place to your kick:), thats just a basic example, but with pratice you will learn more how to mix the instruments.

And compression is the key to the professional mix, but that....it is very complicated and you will have to learn it with a lot of time and perseverance.

Good luck, here's my email [email protected], I would want to see your evolution, and i'll show you mine by the same time:p

Keep it up;)

Dom