Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. has any one that beta tested received their free copy of the game yet.

Make sure you mention you T-shirt size on the evaluation form, because on top of receiving a free version of Galaxy on Fire 2™ Full HD for Mac (once released), each tester who sends in a complete evaluation form by email will enter a sweepstakes for a super-rare Galaxy on Fire 2™ T-shirt, hand-signed by the development team!

2. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    It seems like they now have a screenshot contest. I saw this on their blog. Anyone in?

3. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    Any word yet on when GoF2 HD is coming out for iPad2?

4. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Any news on when the pc version is coming out?

5. ZeroAT

ZeroAT Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    This is really the best game for the ipod i ever played.:p

6. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    How do I know if my app installed the Valkyrie expansion? I purchased it and it says it needs to download it but the screen stops responding but it doesn't say it is downloading anything.

7. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I think everything installed alright.

Oh and I noticed today on their forum that they announced the next DLC, Supernova, which is due out in 2nd quarter 2012. :D

8. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge
    Cannot wait to play it.

9. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Noticed an update today but haven't downloaded it yet just wondering if anyone else has because the only review on the UK app store claims the update removed their purchases of Valkryie etc.

So if anyone downloads it and has no problems I would like to know it's safe.

10. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I downloaded the update and it removed my purchases and all my game saves. However, I "bought" the add-ons again and it detected that I had already paid for them. I then loaded my game save via OpenFeint and everything was fine again.
    So, if you haven't used OpenFeint to save your games, be careful as the update appears to wipe everything clean.

11. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Guess I'll do that before updating then.
    Thanks

12. ge0c31t

ge0c31t Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    #1872 ge0c31t, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    Important news for the latest update from Fishlabs forums......

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, the synchronization of save games between all iOS versions of Galaxy on Fire 2, which was about to be added with the current update, did cause a number of problems for both the SD and HD versions of the game. Right now, our developers are trying their best to find a solution for those problems and we will, of course, keep you posted as soon as there are any news.

The problems caused by the new update are as follows:

- In the SD version of GOF2 it seems as if all of your old save games have disappeared and it is also not possible to restore them via Open Feint. However, those save games have NOT been deleted and we will be able to restore them with the next update. Please do not delete Galaxy on Fire 2 from your device or else your old save games will indeed be lost for good.

- In both versions of GOF2 (SD and HD) it is currently not possible to make in-app purchases. Hence you are neither able to make use of the new credit packs nor to unlock Valkyrie and Kaamo Club at the moment. We will surely solve this glitch with the next update as well.

- In order to avoid further complications, we have removed the regular version of Galaxy on Fire 2 from the App Store for the time being. We will upload it again as soon as everything is fixed and the lost save games have been restored.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences and will let you know as soon as everything works fine again.

All the best,

Your FISHLABS Team
    Thread here...
    http://forums.fishlabs.net/fishlabs-boards-english-20/galaxy-fire-2-124/galaxy-fire-2-iphone-ipad-126/4057-galaxy-fire-2-patch-1-1-0-a.html#post42657

13. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah noticed it had vanished I went to update after reading the openfeint workaround but no longer there. Guess I'm probably better off without it until the issues are all sorted anyway.

14. Jtown4prez

Jtown4prez Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Not sure if anyone else has posted this but if so forgive me.

There is also a missing turret laser bug as well, i see green light when the turret fired but no lasers are shown anymore after the updte

15. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Update is finally available for download.

16. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Finally got all the Gold Medals and the Void X :) Now for Valkyrie and *hopefully* Supernova later on this year

17. ghanw

ghanw Well-Known Member

May 18, 2012
    I just hope they make the ships in Supernova strong in its own way but not as strong as voidx and Nemhisis. What do you think?

18. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    For those of you who still haven't updated as of yet I'd recommend that you WAIT for 3 major reasons.

1. There is a major crashing bug in the game when you select certain missions and you have to fight certain enemies. It starts out fine and the game freezes and crashes. (This was fine before the update)

2. They took away the the main and easiest way to earn money. Which was flying between Pan and Wolf-Reiser trading Organs and Implants. They raised the price of Organs by around 3000 credits so that doing that isn't profitable at all. They did this so that you could simply buy credits from them from in app purchases. Which leads me to

3. Fishlabs made it so that when you buy in app purchase credits the app freezes and no credits are received but you are still charged. It is only on the second attempt (and subsiquite charge) is any credits given. Thus you are effectively and blatantly robbed of your money.

Fishlabs, before this dubious update you were one of my favorite developers. But now I'm not sure if I want to even see another title pushed out by you guys after seeing how you guys treat your 'valued players'. Up to today Supernova was a must have. Now it's a must avoid. I hope you guys enjoyed the money though.

19. TobiasP

TobiasP Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Online Editor @ Fishlabs
    Hamburg / Germany
    Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with the latest update, iVaro.

As for the crashes, please send us a support ticket and let us know which device you're using, which iOS version you got installed and when exactly the crashes occur (if they're not happening randomly but are bound to certain happenings in the game).

As for the changed item prices, we did indeed balance the in-game economy a little with the latest update. Before the update, there were certain travel routes which enabled you to gather millions of credits in just a couple of minutes and hence made it very easy for the players to accumulate huge riches in next to no time. Hence we made it a bit more difficult to earn money in GOF2 but you can still easily play through the whole game and earn quite a lot of credits without paying a single Cent of real money. In the past, trading was by far the most lucrative job in the game and there was basically no reason for people to follow any of the other professions (such as taking over freelance missions or hunting pirates and stealing their loot). Now everything's a bit more even and trading has become a little harder, but -- as said before -- it's definitely not true that you have to buy in-game credits now in order to progress in the game.

As for the freezes during the in-app purchases, I'm sorry, but it's pretty ridiculous that you believe that we've added them on purpose. After all, not only do they work smoothly for the vast majority of users, but also do we offer complete refunds for all purchases that didn't go through for one reason or another. In many cases, Apple themselves do even cancel your order without further ado and add the money in question to your iTunes account again. And if they can't help you in your particular case, all you need to do is send us a ticket with a PDF of your iTunes bill in the attachment and we'll either transfer the credits to your save game manually via Open Feint or give you a refund via Paypal. So far, not a single person, whose credit pack purchases didn't go through, did ever end up empty-handed... at least not if they contacted our support team and told us know about the problems that occured.

20. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    TobiasP - Any news regarding the optimized iPad 3 update with 1440 x 1080 res?