Any suggestions for games for young child?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Vorpal Blade, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Vorpal Blade

Vorpal Blade Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Hi guys. Long time lurker first time poster.

My son just turned 3 years old and loves Jellycar. The easy controls and art style is perfect for him. So my question is, can anyone suggest any other games like Jellycar that are supper easy to play and maybe have a car theme. Doesn't have to be a free game but, you know, that doesn't hurt either.

Thanks

2. dmbama

dmbama Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Flight of the hamsters lol. Super easy to play and fun to watch :)

3. dmbama

dmbama Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Oh and Cro mag rally, ballonimals, monkey flight, and tic tac toe

4. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
    My niece likes to play Expando.

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    4x4 Jam is currently on sale for $1.99 and has a freeplay mode where you can just drive around, with the auto-accelerate on you just tilt to turn. Can't be any easier!

Not the same type of game, but BaDaBoo is great for kids (and free)

I've seen 4-year-olds able to play Flight Control, maybe he could handle Draw Race.

Slotz Racer is easy to play, but hard to play well (and you could play with him on one device!)

And finally...

Do not underestimate the power that Bobble Zoo holds over children! :)

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    flip'n monsters is a fun memory matching game

7. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Hi, welcome to TA. I found some suggestions in this thread. They're kinda old but some good stuff there. You might want to check out CopterKid, it's pretty fun and is really simple.

8. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    What was the one with the kid that launches himself into the air and obstacles along the way either proper him upward or slow him down? The goal is to reach the highest distance possible. Bootcamp somethin' or rather? With a little kid? It'd be perfect for this.

9. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    Urban Kick Academy?

10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    There seems to be a general agreement that the new Hello Kitty game is great for kids. You can follow the discussion here.

11. aboll2009

aboll2009 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2009
    School
    Atlantis
    Uggles, simple controls and cute characters :)

12. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Smiles is a great kid-friendly Match-3 game. Doesn't have to do with cars though...

Smiles

** IGF Mobile 2009 Best Game Finalist! **
    ** Intel's 2010 "Most Elegant Design" Winner! **

5/5 - …
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    ** IGF Mobile 2009 Best Game Finalist! **
    ** Intel's 2010 "Most Elegant Design" Winner! **

5/5 - Finger Gaming
    4.5/5 - 148 Apps
    4.5/5 - iPhone Games Network
    Silver - Pocket Gamer UK

The matching-game reinvented.

SMILES is TWO great games in one (DROP and ZEN). Created for players of all skill levels, the games are designed NOT to pressure you, and to let you grow. Play at your own pace.

DROP is inspired by many popular puzzle games, but with a twist. Make matches, break Ice and Rocks to score points. Keep making matches for a combo. Twist and turn your way to high scores with REAL GRAVITY!

ZEN is inspired by patience games like Solitaire and Mahjong, and strategic games like Sudoku. Light up the board to win.

FEATURES
    * 14 game modes, including DROP+ and AVALANCHE
    * 3 colorful themes (weather, vegetables, blocks)
    * High Scores and Statistics
    * Over 140 Achievements
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Family, Strategy
    Release:Oct 30, 2008
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

13. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I would say...

Bugz
    Pocket god
    Uggles
    iSplume

14. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

Scoops
    Uggles
    AniMatch

@darkhorse - Not sure if the themes in Pocket God would be suitable for a young child. I mean, setting people on fire, drowning people, etc. Just my stance. :p

15. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    FlyLoops -- catching butterflies. Its cute and fun for adults as well. My 7 year old got to round 3 on her second game, so I dont think its too hard.

16. JakePrice

JakePrice Active Member

Mar 9, 2009
    England
    Trace is a free game with alot of levels and is reasonably easy controls. My 7 year old sister enjoys playing it. It has hand drawn artwork.

17. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Haha good point. He may find a couple things amusing but I see where you coming from.

18. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Cube Runner
    Snail Mail
    Ocarina
    Doodle Jump

19. TKO

TKO Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Agreed with Doodle Jump and Snail Mail ..Those games a totally cute and full of character, with simple control methods. I'm thinking Airport Mania might be a good one too - that game is totally cute. With enough random clicking it might be possible to progress through it too ..I'm not sure. :) Maybe Catcha Mouse? That game is unbelievably easy, I'm not sure how *not* to win it. Last Canon might be a good pick too. Monster Trucks Nitro seems to be pretty winnable just by holding your finger on the accelerator for the first few levels. Must.Eat.Birds is simple to control, and easy to win early on too (with some cool graphic elements the kid might like.) Paper Toss? It's free, after all. :D I used to look after this wee girl who could play Pinball Dreams and Fantasies pretty well just by randomly pressing the flippers ..and she loved all the music jingles and flashy lights.

Tower Bloxx has simple enough gameplay and colourful graphics that it might be a good candidate too. I think "Wooo! Button" might be worth the occasional 2 minutes of fun. Oh, and Super Monkey ball ..some of those levels are playable by just about anyone. :) ..and Sneezies would be perfect.

Wow, I almost forgot two of the best: Platypus, a claymation shooter (very easy), and Dizzy Bee, just about the cutest game on the planet.

20. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    I highly recommend iWriteWords. It also has a lite version if you want to try. My 3yr old loves it. Fun yet educative.

iWriteWords

Roy Winata
    How to play: Help Mr. Crab collect the numbered balls by dragging him with your finger - and drawing the letter at the s…
    $2.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    How to play: Help Mr. Crab collect the numbered balls by dragging him with your finger - and drawing the letter at the same time. Once all the letters in the word are drawn properly, a cute drawing appears. Slide the letters into the spinning hole and advance to the next level. --------------------------------------- Featured by Apple in "Back to School Apps" Featured by Apple in "Apps for Learning to Write" Featured by Apple in "Words for the Wise" Featured by Apple in "Summer Learning Fun for Kids" Featured by Apple in "Apps for Learning to Read" Featured by Apple in "Special Education" Featured by Apple in "Games for Kids" Featured by Apple in "Apps for Kids" Featured by Apple in "Staff Favorites".
    Information
    Seller:Roy Winata
    Genre:Board, Word, Education, Kids
    Release:Mar 09, 2009
    Updated:Mar 23, 2023
    Version:3.6
    Size:156.1 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal