Rolando or SimCity?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CrocStock, Dec 19, 2008.

1. CrocStock

CrocStock Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Yet another predicament... Both seem really decent games but I dont know which one to pick again XD

2. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer
    Wisconsin
    Is Rolando even out yet?

;)

3. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    I also want both of these games :(

Bank balance running low though, so can't afford both. I will wait til xmas, maybe publishers of apps will lower the price on xmas day? Hope they do :)

4. illucius

illucius Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    I would pick Rolando. It's just so fun to play, I'm much more addicted to it than Sim City.

5. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    its a tought one, but id go rolando its more fun ;)

6. CrocStock

Sep 22, 2008
    #6 CrocStock, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    Hmm...

Rolando appealed to me in the beginning but when I saw SimCity it seemed very engaging. Any more in-depth reasoning for your choices?

7. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Sim City, so fun!

8. CrocStock

Sep 22, 2008
    Which one of them has a better lasting appeal?

9. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    That would of course have to go to Sim City, as there are ENDLESS ways in which you can run your city, different items you can choose, and even unlockable items (ex: start your town in the year 1900, by 1950 you can get bus transportation instead of train, oil powerplants instead of coal, etc. I havent even looked at what you unlock in the year 2000) Also, it is fun just to make a town, then be able to destroy it with the disasters you can out upon them

10. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Right now, I would say go with SimCity. Rolando, even though it sounds great, will only last you x amount of hours if you just play through it once. SimCity will last you a long time, with so many different ways you could bring your town. SimCity would last you for a while now, and when you get some more money you want to spend on apps Rolando will be a great gaming experience, but I believe SimCity will hold you off until then nicely.

I'm in no way insulting Rolando or complaining about it's length, because I know there are bonus objectives and such and it's a great game, but this is just my opinion

11. Toisu

Toisu New Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Rolandoooo! So funny

12. Kumulus

Kumulus Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    stupid thread again........

if you want to build a town, buy sim city.....if you want a nice arcade game, buy rolando.

jesus.....you should really learn to make decisions.

13. THEDeliriumTrigger

Dec 4, 2008
    Im pretty sure he wanted peoples opinions on each game, pros and cons, so he could make an informed decision, without going simply by companies reviews, or screenshots

14. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    hehe.... get rolando and something better than sim city = urban tycoon

LMAO!!!! man that app sucks. the dev told me the date was pushed back but i don't have much faith. anyway, im also trying to make a choice between rolando or bike or die 2. im going with bike or die 2 since rolando is short.

15. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    What's the point of writing this post? He was asking for others opinions about which game to get, why is that such a problem?

16. {klondike}

{klondike} Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Rapture. It sucks.
    Rolando. It's waaaay better than sim city.

17. thepretender

thepretender Well-Known Member

Rolando is way more fun and addicting.