New Word Guessing Game for iMessage - Launching Next Week

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by minman, Sep 8, 2016.

1. minman

minman Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2013
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    #1 minman, Sep 8, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016

Attached Files:

2. AustinNu

AustinNu New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    I'd love a code, currently have ios 10 so I wanna check it out

I'd like a code please!:)

3. rza422

rza422 Active Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Hi minman, I'll have an early go, why not! Thanks in advance for the chance :)

4. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    To everyone here tring this out

The download is abit unusual. I say that because once its loaded in, your like, well... what do i do now? Its under your messages and you just click the apple logo picture on the left side. You then should have a one that you can click and then there you go

5. justaname1225

justaname1225 New Member

Sep 10, 2016
    TestFlight

I would love to help test the app out before it's released. I am currently in the iOS 10 beta.
    My email is [email protected]

6. minman

minman Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2013
    #6 minman, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Screenshots and Details about iMessage and TestFlight

As Kimchisoju says, the download is weird via TestFlight because it's an iMessage app. You may have to go into your iMessage "app tray" (yes that's a thing now) and to Store and then "Manage" to enable the game.

This game will launch with iOS 10 on Tuesday.

If you want it early, you really want to have two people playing it to try it out, since it's an iMessage 1v1 game - so message me directly with two email addresses for TestFlight invites. I cannot generate promo codes yet - not sure if that's being prevented for iMessage apps or any iOS 10 launch apps.

7. Retrodigio

Retrodigio Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Utah
    How it works

Hi There! Great app idea.

I've had an idea for an messaging app for a while, not necessarily a game, but a fun way to mess with messaging indirectly.

It looks like the new Messaging framework exposed in iOS 10 is really just a way use the iMessage asynchronous network for playing turn-base games by piggy-backing your own data on top of messages in the conversation (like stickers), or creating new game-driven messages (like the one's shown in your screenshot saying "so-and-so guessed 'x'".

In a sense, the idea that we can use the iMessage conversation or messages themselves, to enhance the feature of 'messaging' is misleading, as the framework (disappointingly) does not allow the developer to have access to the contents of the message itself, or to make any changes to the contents of a message before/after it is sent.

Imagine for example, an app that automatically translated the text of a message into another langauge when it is sent/received. This is not possible (as far as I know) with the Messaging framework, which is too bad really.

I look forward to trying your app out though. Looks awesome!

-Chris

8. touchchamp

touchchamp Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I'd love a test flight invite. This looks great and is such a great idea! Do you have any other plans for more games?

9. minman

minman Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2013
    Yeah Chris - there are a lot of limitations with the current iMessage app SDK. I assume they will be expanding it over time - they led the "State of the Union" at WWDC with iMessage, so it's currently a high priority. There are definitely some "unexplained features" in the current version of iOS 10 as well.

MsgMeWordGuess will be launching tomorrow with the iOS 10 rollout. I can already get a few other iMessage apps today but I can't find my own yet.

10. minman

minman Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2013
    More games coming

MsgMeWordGuess and MsgMeTicTacToe will be launching with iOS 10 on Tuesday September 12th for FREE.

We are already working on our 3rd game which will use the iMessage app framework for social features. Stay tuned. We will need testers from all over...

PM me to get on the TestFlight list now for that game.

11. minman

minman Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 23, 2013