Universal Urban legend : Shin Hayarigami – Blind man (By IPLAY) [Coming soon]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iplayinc, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Hello Touch Arcade,

We would like to proudly announce our new game, ‘Urban Legend : Shin Hayarigami – Blind Man’.
    This is the mobile version of horror adventure game called ‘Shin Hayarigami’, previously released on PlayStation® 3, and PlayStation® Vita.

As storyline is the key factor in gameplay, you need to infer, find clues, and make choices in everywhere.
    The stunning graphics and sounds will provide you another experience which you have never seen from other smart phone games.

Of course, this game features multi-endings. Your choices and decisions will drive yourself to each different story ending.

If you arrive at the end with high scores, hidden stories might be unveiled. Please check it.

We are planning to launch this game on March 15, 2018.

Both iOS and Android are supported, released on same day.

And, we are going to make some promotion code event (redeem code), right after the release.

You are willing to broadcast the game at YouTube or Twitch? Please contact us at [email protected]. If you understand and agree a few rules to keep, then we will provide free code for you.
    (You can also contact us on Twitter. https://twitter.com/Shin_Hayarigami)

Any interest in us or any suggestion about the game, just feel free and let us know in any time.

Thank you for your interest. We always appreciate that!

Regards,
    IPLAY.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Prologue

A murder case occurred in village C in S prefecture. A man discovered in the body was penetrated with large cut edges with both eyes.
    "I have information on the murder case that occurred in village C in S prefecture."
    Because he talked about former university professor Takeshi Sekimoto who has been tried at the Tokyo district court to have information on this incident, he was transferred to a detention a center of C village department in a special case.

The responsible person of Sekimoto will be in charge of the special police section (common name: special chapter) which is the window side department in the station to which hero Hojyo Saki belongs. Sekimoto confirmed the case material all the time confidently.

This case is the work of urban legendary monster "Blind Man"

With Shin Hayarigami: The blind Man, start a journey in a terrific horror game, that will shake you to the ground, follow the footstep of the Urban Legend the Blind Man, to crack this scary case and bring back peace to the city. Dive deep in this scary atmosphere tainted with suspense and a fear and be ready to shiver. But be careful to not get trapped in your feeling or you may be the next victim!

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Sounds interesting

3. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Ooh, sounds like danganronpa style game for iOS. Definitely should be interesting

4. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    #4 xBTAx, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    Not to be rude, but is the game’s translation as rough as the screenshots you posted and the post itself? I was really hoping this game would get localized (though on Vita) for a while now. So I’d love to play it, but if the translation is this broken it’s going to be hard to get through, and that’s really disappointing since it’s probably the only version we’ll ever get.

Seeing “a body found with eyes disappearing” and “penetrated with large cut edges with both eyes” here doesn’t give me much confidence the game itself will say something even vaguely correct like “a body with the eyes cut out”, for example.

EDIT:
    I would also say that if that’s the case, I’m not sure courting streamers is the best idea. People streaming/recording playing visual novels tend to read the lines aloud, and if the translation does not sound natural they are likely going to speak badly about the game.

5. Kimchisoju

Kimchisoju Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Caregiver
    If its ok...

I can help better your english translations

6. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    Will Japanese audio be available for the iOS US version? I love VN's with English subtitles and JP audio. Helps me with my language learning. :)

7. fring

fring Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 26, 2017
    USA
    Sweet! Definitely looking forward to it!

8. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    i could read horror visual novels for days. can’t wait. now back to my nintendo switch until the 15th..

9. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I agree with xBTAx. The translation doesn’t seem “bad”, but it feels unnatural. For example:

This definitely feels like the writing style of a Japanese person, not an English writer. I imagine it’s going to sound even more awkward when the story gets complicated. That will be a problem, because this is a story-based game.

I think you should hire a translation editor/proofreader, or expand your translation team.

At any rate, I still hope your game will be well-received, so good luck!

10. xBTAx

xBTAx Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Going by the location of this release’s Twitter account and the first image they tweeted (as well as what I can google about the company), I think this is actually being translated from a Korean release of the game? So it would have gone from Japanese to Korean and then to English, and even if we assume the Korean release is hopefully well translated, the English certainly isn’t.

Beyond that, I think your reading of it being just similar to the grammatical style of the original language(s) might be too generous. The more I think about it, lines like the one I mentioned before (“A man discovered in the body was penetrated with large cut edges with both eyes.”) seem like an unedited machine translation to me. Maybe we’ll be lucky and the game itself will just be a shaky secondhand translation, but... I’m not sure it’s smart to be so hopeful.

11. verlaine

verlaine Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    The plot and concept interest me, but the English translation seems rather crude and awkward :(

12. noharakun

noharakun New Member

Mar 4, 2018
    Long time player of the Hayarigami series since the first release on PS2. Love the original trilogy, liked the Shin Hayarigami series as well, but it wasn't as great as the original. That being said; what were NIS thinking? I know they have a bad reputation when it comes to localization but this takes the cake. Not only are you translating the game from Japanese to Korean they are translating it from Korean to English, thereby missing A LOT of the nuances from the original text. The translations provided are not only poor but it's quite clear that they are not done by a native speaker. I hope that they at least have a native English speaker look over the final script. It's really a shame because these are great games with great stories that can do well in the West they just have to be presented correctly. Actually, I've been working on translations for various chapters of the Hayarigami games for my own enjoyment over the past 2 years and currently I am starting a Youtube series where I go over old Visual/Sound Novels games. I didn't consider doing Hayarigami first, Machi was actually my first choice, but now that this is coming out I might have to change that. Maybe I should email them and see if I can do a side by side Japanese and English Youtube series to show just how far they have strayed from the original content. So NIS, if your listening, give me half of what your paying them, a programmer and an editor, and I'll make a good quality translation for you.

13. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    #13 iplayinc, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    We really hope you will enjoy our game! Stay tuned!

14. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    #14 iplayinc, Mar 6, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Dear Verlaine! Thank you for your comment! We are very sorry that English translation seems to be a bit raw, but we promise it will be improved and you will enjoy the game!

15. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Dear Dreadnok! Thank you for your comment and we really hope you will enjoy the game! :)

16. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Dear Kimchisoju! Thank you for your support and we are sorry that English translation seems a bit raw, but we promise it will be improved and you will be able to enjoy the game! :)

17. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Dear Fring! Yey! Thank you for your support! Stay tuned and we will be posting more news about the game! :)

18. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Dear Hambo12! We are happy to know you are excited about our game! :) See you on March 15th..! And keep your eyes safe..!

19. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Dear xBTAx! Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very sorry that at the moment English translation looks a bit raw. But we promise it will be improved and all our users will be able to enjoy the game! We really appreciate your comments and hope you have a good day! Thank you!

20. iplayinc

iplayinc Member

Feb 6, 2018
    Dear Brightsiderus! Thank you for your support! Stay tuned! More news to come! :)