Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by JoshCM, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Aaaaaaand you forget the Monster Hunter series on the PSP, and Zettai Hero Project. :D

Though i cant wait to day-one purchase Rsword2!

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Everyone can afford one, its just the matter of saving money. Well, not everyone can but if you save up enough you eventually can! I'm only 13 (turning 14 soon) and I bought my ipad 1 and 3 with my own money. My parents said if you want one then save up for one.
    That is unless you're an adult and already have bills to pay. :p

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    None of those is an open world western RPG, a genre that simply does not exist on the PSP, PSV, or 3DS. Monster Hunter is probably the closest, and that's pretty much an acquired taste.

4. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    None of those are WRPGs. Personally, I've tried many JRPGs and honestly most felt boring to me.

It's easy to save money when you don't need to pay for your food and rent/mortgage.

5. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    ZHP is the best rougelike I ever played! Glad u liked it!

6. 2mad4fun

2mad4fun Member

Jul 2, 2012
    6 days to go...

7. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    The wait sucks!

8. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Soooo freaking excited. RS:Shadowlands AND Final Fantasy 4 in the same day?!?! THERE IS A GOD!!!!! Now if only he'd force the release of Republique and Infinity Blade Dungeons.....

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Plus RR3!

10. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    When's RR3 coming out?!? I must have missed that announcement. 8-O

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Well we arent quiet sure but it was worth a mention lol

12. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #1952 Primoz, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    I'm not a fan of JRPGs, perhaps because of the graphics, or the generic storylines, idk. PSP has (or at least had at that time) no open world western RPGs. I didn't choose Ravensword 1 over all the games on PSP. I chose the iOS, because I saw the potential this platform had. And as you can see, I wasn't mistaken.
    Another reason why I chose iOS instead of PSP is because the iPhone is more portable (ironic, ha! It's more portable that the PS Portable). The third reason is online surfing.
    Also, the touch controls are way better than those of the PSP (especially for shooting games), only bad thing is that they take up some screen space.

13. Cg2005

Cg2005 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2011
    DC
    This looks amazing. So this has been in development for about 3 years, right? Although, I'm sure they were probably sidetracked by various other projects as well.

14. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #1954 Trev1, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
    MY old psp go was a nice lil unit as far as portable....but in the end my iphone5 is played on the go more than anything...it may as well be one of my fingers...touche'

You guys are correct on the openworld rpg thing the closest to me would be the ARPG Dungeon siege Thron of Agony....the freedom to roam was there but quests kept it a bit centered on the story more than a skyrim expierience....but Im a complete RPG addict and the titles and controls on the psp FOR ME are more suitable to my taste and older school feel (37) but as I stated iOS is a new addiction for me and the games are amazing for the most part.....but I will say the front and back controls on the vita (touch screen) as well as dual sticks are tipping my gaming hands more in its direction lately and with a great game like ragnorak odyssey....its just the titles that are hurting it now....

But with all the talk and hype of this game....im hoping to see at least a 6hr story driven open world azz kicker....for this RPG genre its not a simple task when all most people think of is Skyrim....either way im not picky when it comes to RPGS i love them all.....from the wackiness or MOTHER 1-3 to the Tabletop rpg beauty of Level 5s new 3ds title Crimson Shroud(which may i add is amazing)

15. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    [​IMG]

Here is a banner that I made yesterday. I suppose it would be cool to make some wallpapers if I had time...

Attached Files:

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Can't believe it's finally coming out. Soo excited :D

17. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Awesome!! This is going to be my NEW Facebook cover photo!! Thanks for sharing Josh!! Please feel free to post up some more. :D

18. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    It fits perfectly, and looks freakin' AWESOME!! :D

[​IMG]

19. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Question to the devs. Is there an option for the camera so in 3rd person view, i can see the whole character as he runs (as Aralon or GTA) or it is fixed to show only the top of the body (as i ve seen in trailer and in TA's video)? I prefer the camera to be close to the body only in more claustrophobic games like Dead Space... In open world games i prefer the hero be far from the cam...
    Anyway no big deal... of course first day purchase... Just asking :)

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    during combat the camera is zoomed out more - basically when you unsheathe your weapon. Hope that helps.