subject 23/code red

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by nephilim apps, Sep 12, 2009.

1. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    #1 nephilim apps, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    Code Red

i started writing out a script for an movie. but then decided that it would be better fit for a game. ive just started and its my first iphone/ipod touch game but i have experience in making games (in windows). the game will be similar to a castlevania/metroid/shadow complex type game. the story is completely original. (it promise will have better grammar and spelling then i use in my everyday posts)

its bassicly you wake up in the huge prison type laboratory were you were a test subject and you have no memory of anything (yes i know cliched) the main goal is to get out. but the story progresses as the game continues. including finding out that you and 24 other humans were us soldiers were put into a secret project called code red. a expirement that makes humans much more agile. and stronger. however they are flawed as they require a certain element only found in human blood to keep their strength and agility. and you have all escaped

some gameplay info.

you have a energy bar. near your health bar the slowly depletes the lower it gets the weaker you are (as in attacks and agileness) and the only way to get it back up is the drink a guards blood (guards are all over the prison trying to stop the escapees. if you drink their blood you regain energy but you dont gain the exp you get if you kill em (every guard you kill you get exp and you can gain levels and you can unlock new powers and abilities)

the game controls with a 2 arrow buttons (left and right) (i got rid of the virtual joystick. because before my macbook broke i realized that the virtual joystick didnt really work well and since your only going left and right i decided that arrow buttons would be better) and there is a jump button (and you can press the arrow buttons while jumping to go in a certain direction) and two attack buttons (you can use the two to do combo attacks)

(also please keep in mind this is a 2d game similar to the older metroids. or castlevanias.)

the game is also being made entireley out of code im not using torque or anything like that

*IMPORTANT PLEASE READ* hey im sorry i haven't posted on this in a while its mainly cause im kindave upset about this. the game has been postponed indefinitely because my macbook pro broke a while ago (it fell out of my car) so until i get a new macbook this game wont be made. im sorry for anyone who was interested in this. but ive been raising money for a new macbook pro since it broke so it shouldn't be too long until i can start working on it again

2. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Might wanna work on being a little less vague. Definitely interested in seeing those screenshots, however.

3. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    im not quite ready yet to give screenshots. but ill give some info on the story.

its bassicly you wake up in the huge prison type labrotory were you were a test subject and you have no memory of anything (yes i know cliched) the main goal is to get out. but the story progresses as the game continues. including finding out that you and 24 other humans were us soldiers were put into a secret project called code red. a expirement that makes humans much more agile. and stronger. and you have all ecscaped

some gameplay info.

you have a energy bar. near your health bar the slowly depletes the lower it gets the weaker you are (as in attacks and agileness) and the only way to get it back up is the drink a guards blood (guards are all over the prison trying to stop the ecscapeees. if you drink their blood you regain energy but you dont gain the exp you get if you kill em (every guard you kill you get exp and you can gain levels and you can unlock new powers and abillities)

the game controls with a virtual joystick (im still decided wether i should keep it though) and there is a jump button and two attack buttons (you can use the two to do combo attacks)

hope that interests you guys. tell me what you think and ill work on getting some screenshots out as soon as possible

(also please keep in mind this is a 2d game similar to the older metroids. or castlevanias.

4. DGH94

DGH94 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Next to the Maiden
    Cool idea!!!! I like the name CODE RED!!!!

5. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Code Red sounds great :)

6. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    nvm but sounds cool

7. roostersully

roostersully Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2009
    This does sound good. Definetly looking forward to those pictures. Also are you going to need any beta testers?

8. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Code Red sounds good, you should stick with that. It might take you months to make the game itself though since it's not that easy...

9. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    ok so ive gotten a few pms and one message on the post about beta testers. i probably will need some eventually but as of now ive just barely started on the game. so i will keep in mind of the ones who asked first. but just keep in mind the game wont be ready for a long time

10. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    hey im sorry i havent posted on this in a while its mainly cause im kindave upset about this. the game has been postponed indefinitley because my macbook pro broke a while ago (it fell out of my car) so until i get a new macbook this game wont be made. im sorry for anyone who was interested in this. but ive been raising money for a new macbook pro since it broke so it shouldnt be too long until i can start working on it again

11. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    also for anyone wondering how close i am (in terms of money) to getting a new macbook i have about 1500 dollars currently saved for it. but im trying to get the 17 inch macbook pro which is about 2500 dollars so im about half way there.should just be a couple more months if i get this new job im trying to get.

12. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Whoa. My favorite color is red and my favorite number is 23... THIS MUST BE A SIGN!

13. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Sounds good

I like that it will be a Metroidvania style game. I just finished Cave Story recently and am yearning for more.

May I ask what the style of the game is? I know it will be on a 2d plane, but will it be pixel based like Hook Champ or 3d like the other upcoming Metroidvania app.

14. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    its hand drawn. i personally think that for the game im making 2d artwork would fit it better than 3d models

15. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Can't wait.

Good luck!

16. nephilim apps

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    Just got a new macbook last night and am have been working on the game since i got out of school today. Hopefully some screens by next week if i feel comfortable (im actually thinking about a major graphics overhaul but am not yet sure)

17. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    look forward to seeing the screenshots...I was definitely intrigued when you were mentioning hand drawn graphics