Idea!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by TheSeldomSeenKid, Feb 2, 2010.

1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Okay, I thought this is the most suitable place to post this thread, but if it's wrong I apologise in advance.

Well, my idea is simple:

Goals! Pro, but different sports. Sounds simple, I know, but personally I believe it'd be fantastic! Goals! Pro is currently featured under "What's hot" on the UK App store, and well deserves it's place.

So, why did I post this?
    1) Surely it wouldn't be that hard to make? Please note: I'm no developer, so i'm not 100% sure about that. Either way, it's one background, with a load of little images moving around the map.
    2) It'd be unique. Some sports aren't on the App store. For example, if you want an ice-hockey game, they're all table hockey, or just penalty style games. An ice-hockey game would be great, and rugby!
    3) Cheap to make. The graphics don't have to be great, just reasonable. I could probably do a decent design on Windows Paint!

Anyway, I understand that not being a developer, I may have just talked a load of nonsense. Either way, I thought that i'd propose my idea and see if anybody took it on. Thanks for reading.

Ell

2. mobile1up

mobile1up Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    Technical Director
    Munich, Germany
    mm - why not email the Goals! Pro guys and get them to include other sports? why cloud the app store will a million apps doing the same things? they could have different sports as different modules; or even DLC based solutions. we have enough tower defense, match three etc type stuff on the app store as it is - no need to do it with this.

developers need to do something unique that hasn't been done before - it is the only way to ensure you do well in the app store.

3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Cool, I respect your answer. I know the guys are on here (The Game Creators) but I couldn't find them.
    I doubt it'd be cluttering the app store if it's something totally new. I agree with you that there are too many line-drawing, tower defence and match 3 games.

Thanks

4. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    1st of all: chill dude you don't need to say "i respect your answer" etc. to not get flamed just don't say anything stupid :D

2nd: I suggest you go down the path of learning to develop your self. I just started this year and I've got some functional games running on my iphone emu (of course not anything like what Ill be happy with submitting). I suggest the books "programming in objective C" and I think it was called " iPhone begginers guidebook"