MineScape - New & Innovated Puzzle Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by epitom3, Mar 1, 2010.

1. epitom3

epitom3 New Member

Aug 29, 2009
    #1 epitom3, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
    MineScape is an original and unique puzzle game that takes inspiration from minesweeper, sudoku, and picross although simpler than all three. An easy game to learn how to play, but difficult to master at the higher difficulties. Watch the video tutorial below to get an idea behind the game mechanics. The game will be released sometime in March.

Features (Note: Final Version Maybe Different)
    - Unique and addicting gameplay unlike anything you've ever seen[/INDENT]
    - Over 25 campaign levels included!
    - Create individualized maps with 5 different difficulty settings to play unlimited games
    - OpenFeint Support
    - Online Leaderboards - Compete with your friends or the world to see who's the best player
    - Achievements - Track your game progress and improve your OpenFeint score!
    - Facebook/Twitter Connect
    - Online Forum/Chat Rooms

Video Tutorial
    Since it is a new and unique puzzle game, a video tutorial is mandatory to explain the rules.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul4_XvFkWH8

Website/Blogs
    http://blog.naviosoft.com/

Attached Files:

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  3. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Cool game :)

What are the OF achivements like?

4. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I like the video to see how this game plays way better than the screen shots.

Based off the video I'll get it, helped me understand what was actually going on :p

Plus I'm very interested in the openfeint achievements.

5. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Btw, epitom3, welcome to Touch Arcade :)

The video is an excellent tutorial, but you may want to make a separate teaser / trailer video that is shorter and emphasizes on just a handful of points. For example, how is the game different from but similarly enjoyable to minesweeper, sudoku, etc?

Saying that the game is "unique and addicting", "original and unique", easy ... to learn ... , but difficult to master" is ambiguous at best. I recommend you try describing the game specifically in two or threee sentences.

I dont claim to be good at constructing these sentences, but for people reading this thread, basically the game involves:
    1. Using the crosshair, you select a number of tiles and highlight them as light colored tiles on the map. The crosshair can be moved and hence the selected tiles can be changed.
    2. The number shown on the bottom left is the number of (bombs) in the currently selected tiles.
    3. Your task is to identify exactly which tiles are bombs.