Need expandable space in these!!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by lacedolphin, Feb 6, 2011.

1. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I keep upgrading my iPod to bigger hard drives but I still manage to fill them up! Is it like a collection for anyone else too? I can't seem to bring myself to delete anything I've bought. I have something for all my moods and likes and can't seem to part with any except I've now filled up my 32gig and have to make room for more. Any ideas you guys use for this? I think I really am an app junkie!! Help!!

2. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    I have the same problem lol. And since I can't bring myself to delete my apps, I delete my music :)

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    haha. I do the same thing. For some reason I just can't bring myself to delete my apps.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Haven't had music on my 4th gen. 32gb since October, 2 weeks after buying my device. It's a reason to celebrate if I ever have 1gb of free space even for an hour. Deleting a game off my device is perfectly fine since it's still in my itunes library. But yeah, a lot of it is about collecting for me and keeping up with the good titles. I play the games though. It's just I try and beat it as fast as I can and delete it the second I'm done. Then I buy 2 more games to fill up the space of the game I finished. Been doing this since January 2009 :]; back then I had a 2nd gen. 8gb..imagine my buying habits paired up with that thing.

565 paid apps after last week, hoping the rest of Feb. will be just as good as this first week.

5. lacedolphin

Jul 19, 2009
    Well, at least I'm not alone!! I went from a 2g 8 gig to 3G 32 gig with voice ( love that feature btw) in June!! Hubby just got me another $20 card tonight for valentines day with a bunch of other stuff ( weee love him!) the biggest ones are my RPGs, puzzles and mystery/HO, I'd rather cut my leg off! Lol

6. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Isn't it a little too early for Valentine's day? My girlfriend and I always do something big that, and it's also my mother's birthday on that day, but I don't think we buy each presents this early xD. Lol my biggest games are mostly stuff from Gameloft along with point and click games. So yeah, RPGs, shooters, and adventure gamesss.

7. lacedolphin

Jul 19, 2009
    I have an incredible hubby and my cancer has been acting up the last few days. We always do stuff together too but I've been married 17 years so we do things every few days. I'll be the first one to admit I'm spoiled rotten and sometimes it takes awhile but I always get what I want. I'm still waiting for an ipad, but he at least promised me a new cell this week. I'm a spoiled, adored, brat wife, lol and I love it! I adore him back though and bought him a motorcycle for Christmas. Were very happily married, I just need a bigger hard drive! Lol

8. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Oh I can relate to this. I've just got done *cleaning house* on my Touch. I've whittled down over 50 games so far. It's totally psychological in why I'm keeping the games I've had since 2008.:rolleyes: Some were older retro games (nostalgic feeling this time) and with the recent games I'd gotten such as rpg's, they take up alot of space so after weighing the pro/cons of keeping older games it just wasn't worth it to keep them on my device any longer when newer, better quality games are always coming out.
    Now I'm free to add more of them now....ha.

9. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

64GB iPad for me.

The worst part is, I have several gigs of apps that aren't on my computer, so I gave up on transferring purchases, it takes way way too long.

It won't be too long before we see iPhones and iPads with close to a TB of storage, and at the rate the AppStore is going now, were gonna need it! I remember when I used to look at a game and think 30MB was big :p