Tilt To Live Scoring

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheSeldomSeenKid, May 3, 2010.

1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Hey TA'ers
    Okay, I downloaded TTL and as per usual with any game I'm eager to unlock new stuff. A lot of the achievements require that you reach a certain score, but I've found the scoring really hard to understand. How does it work?
    Thanks

Ell

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    You get a pathetic number of points for killing dot one, but if you then kill dot 2 within X amount of time, you form a combo, and dot 2 is worth more then dot 1. And so on, and so forth, until if you get your combo big enough, you are earning well over 1,000 pts per additional dot.

I am not sure exactly how long you have to add to the combo, but its not long...like 2 or 3 seconds tops. You get more points per each dot added to the combo, but I cant tell you exactly how the progression goes.

Basically, you can kill 1,000 dots in a game and get 300,000 pts if you dont get a meaningful combo, or you can kill 1,000 dots and get 1.5 million points (or potentially a lot more) if you have a fairly nice combo in there.

You are handicapped until you unlock spike shield. Look at the achievements and do the easy ones.

The final weapon, lighting shield, doesnt help all that much. But you want spike shield bad.

3. TheSeldomSeenKid

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Thanks for this. I'm trying to do the easy ones but it's a hard game! Can you look on your achievements please and tell me which wep is the spike shield? Thanks :)

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    First, insta-suicide on the first dot, thats an achievement. Second, stay alive for 50 seconds without killing a dot, until another achievement pops up.

Those are the only 2 that I tried to do specifically. Beyond that, if you try to get a good score the other achievements necessary for unlocks should probably take care of themselves. That said, if you get desperate, there might be other achievements you can target. For instance, I think there might be a persistence one for playing a lot of games in one session . . . anyway, I dont recall, you'll have to check.

You should probably already have ice unlocked already. Dont get too excited when you unlock vortex. Its not really all that useful and sometimes does more harm then good. Next is spike shield, which is by far and away the best power-up. After that is lighting shield, which is good, but doesnt do much to boost your scores by itself -- it lasts too short to make all that much difference.

5. TheSeldomSeenKid

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Thanks :) do you know what 'give peace a chance' achievement is? Thanks

6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, and I already told you how to get it :)

Avoid dots for 50 seconds. That its pretty easy to do speaks volumes to how boring normal level is once you have everything unlocked!

7. TheSeldomSeenKid

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    Oh, sorry I didn't realize it was that award. Thanks :)

8. k1ngofk1ngs

k1ngofk1ngs Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    New Zealand
    The arms race achievements are pretty easy, just go around triggering the red nukes once you trigger 30 you get one achievement, then 50 for the next achievement. Then basically its combos try for a 100x combo then progress from there. I must admit it gets easier once you have the weapons unlocked.

9. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    how to you unlock the achievment "Be very bad at this game harder" or something like that. "be very bad at this game" i know is just dying within 5 seconds but how about harder?

10. TheSeldomSeenKid

Oct 30, 2009
    Manchester, England
    OMG! The game is much more fun now that I've unlocked all but one weapon! I can actually score over 100k!
    Thanks for telling me how to do some achievements :)

11. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    The only way of scoring any decent amount of scores is by getting combos, one big combo. And to be honest, the only way of getting these it by getting the blue spiky ball.