Anyone else think CoD: WaW is best MP FPS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wonderva, Dec 21, 2009.

1. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    I think its leaps ahead of both Eliminate and Nova.
    Much more polished

2. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Well, it sorta is... I like the whole co-op thing, but there's so many people with connnection issues that it's kinda tough to play (considerin I'm one of those). And on a 1g it lags to incredible levels, so it's not as fun. It's still great online but just tough to play.

3. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Definitely the most polished game on the appstore. Honestly I'm just blown away everytime I play it. The animations, variety of zombie, weapons, level design are all spectacular. Sure it's only one map...but it's one GOOD map. I'd take that over a 7+ hour mediocre shooter. In my opinion, THIS is the most satisfying "FPS" experience on this platform.

4. johnwayne

johnwayne Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Germany
    i only saw videos and know it from the original (uncut)-pc version and it seems a really great game which i would like to play.

But it's NOT AVAILABLE HERE IN FU***ING GERMANY, not even on the German PC Version. Damn, FSK. WTF, i'm over 21, so what the hell is wrong with these idiots? I guess i can decide if i play "horror-shooter". You can get the worst sort of Horror-Movies here, but a game ?! :confused:

5. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    I don't know .. 9.99 price tag for one map is kinda scary .. even scarier than those zombies ..

6. str1f3

str1f3 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    It is the best FPS out there and I can't wait for the new maps. Hopefully they may a release a full COD after the popularity of this app.

7. amansth

amansth Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Sadly, that will be crap
    especially since you can't change stance or jump or snipe.

But if they did make one I'd prefer it to be modern.

8. str1f3

str1f3 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Good point though Modern Combat pretty much has those controls down. It certainly wouldn't be perfect but could still be enjoyable.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    um sure polish, that's about it, maybe cause it's made by vivendi? horrible controls, worst multiplayer system i have ever seen, 1 map?: and they're going to charge more for additional maps? and it was 9.99? Honestly the worst purchase I have ever made.

10. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I said last week that cod was the best IMHO in a post to help someone decide which game to get and was told that my opinion sucked.

11. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Sorry about that. You were probably dealing with some nova or eliminate douche. Suffice to say, COD doesn't have the cheap clone feel that they love so much.

12. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    1) It's not made by vivendi.

2) Controls are superior to ANY other offering on the store.

3) Multiplayer is a bit wonky, but when it works....it's actually fun.

4) Yes they will charge more for maps, and seeing as how I would like to support them and have future HIGH quality games, I have no gripe about throwing down more money. Especially for verruckt.

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    1) ok sorry, I was thinking about the publisher or whatever

2) Please tell me you're kidding. Are you really that much of a gameloft hater to be so blind as to not see how effective the controls are.

3) A bit wonky? There's a max of 4 people online at a time. And the matchup system?..wow. I thought we all bought the game for multiplayer, yet I'm pretty sure it won't be updated with a new multiplayer engine, so I payed 9.99 (which I have no problem with) for a single player survival game?..

4) You think gameloft games are all blatant ripoffs. Because of this, you fail to realize they are high quality games because you compare them to their expensive brothers on other consoles, therefore concluding that they are "lifeless ripoffs."

Please spare me.

14. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    Is $10 a lot for you guys???? I really dont see major problem in cod except it might lag once in a while but you just complain....

15. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    I liked it, worth buying for that price... Even though it's only one map, it kills a large amount of time. Wish they had Open Feint Integration though, I found out how games can achieve more sales btw :p...

On the xbox360, most of the games will be integrated to xbox live right? So... If Apple creates a iPhone achievements app, integrated multiplayer (if so), avatars, etc. Then companies will be "forced" to use Apple, for example..

If Gameloft used Apple's app, then there wouldn't be a gameloft live, but you could get most of the things from gameloft live, plus+, and OpenFient in 1 app, which would make life easier instead of having a bunch of different apps.

Of course it's going to be free, because Apple is making more money than the rest of us.

So yes, it's worth getting CoD: WaW

16. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Vivendi has nothing to do with the game. The controls are spot on! Sounds like your a keyboard and mouse guy, while I myself prefer dual analog sticks. Hence the possible difference in opinion. Still, I find them far superior to Crapstorm. Perhaps you haven't found anyone online, cause no one wants to play with you....just kidding. No your wrong...I don't feel, I know. I've bought and played the game. It's garbage. Not garbage compared to console games, but garbage compared to ANY game. It's so contrived. Give me a break.
    I'm not blinded by gameloft hate, I hate all shitty games equally. I'm not a COD fanboy, I don't even own a next gen console. But I know shit when I see it, and I'm tired of you guys polishing turds. It's still a turd.

17. Will090

Will090 Well-Known Member

Well Modern Combat: Sandstorm allowed stance changes and sniping very effectively, so COD could just emulate that.

18. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    ok I'm done. Lol have you tried nova online..

19. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Nah, I almost bought nova, but sizzla said it's similar to modern combat, and as you know, I loath it. So I'm waiting for a lite, this time. I hear the multiplayer's rock solid though.

20. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    modern combat? not really more of a halo. and the multi player is amazing btw, i play nova a lot more than CoD.

I want to say that CoD is the most polished, but nova is far more superior. I mean you get a bunch of amazing maps, full campaign mode, and free updates, for a CHEAPER price! How can u compare that with CoD. I have both, and I know the one map included in CoD is a good one, but it gets boring b/c most of the people i play with do the same thing: shoot zombies from windows, open help room, open upstairs, and stay there until everyone dies. Then u start over. I know its fun and all but i dont see how it is the best.