Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - By Fishlabs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Anyone with the iPad 4 tried this game on native res yet?

2. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Failed clones...could it have been Galactic Phantasy Prelude?

3. eloquent

eloquent Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    hm cant buy the supernova inapp purchase... just says that i should contact itunes support

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Gee how did you know lol.

5. eloquent

Mar 21, 2009
    where can i find the magnetar juice.... haha i know its located in the magnetar system but i searched everywhere and in any other terrian system.... nobody got it.... game error?

6. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Try killing the app, logging out of iTunes, opening the app and trying to purchase.

Nah, not a game bug :p After 3-4 different stores you visit, the stock will refresh on that station, so if you go in circles in Magnetar, you'll maintain their stock of no juice :p fly around to s couple of other stations in a different system, and when you return you ought to find some

7. stbassy

stbassy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 7, 2011
    game performance issues?

Did anyone else have this problem?

I'm using IPad2, no other apps open at the time, 8G of space left, but my GoF2HD runs with stutter.

I never had this problem prior to the recent update.

Was wondering if this game is no longer playable on Ipad2, or if I need to re-install.

I tried turning the graphics and lighting option all the way down (low graphics, low lighting), but it doesn't seem to help.

8. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    It should work fine on the iPad 2 a full graphics. What kind of stuttering is it? Mildly dropped frame rate, or a very high drop in frame rate?

Anyway, when Game Center tries to connect to the app, there is a few seconds of high lag, but when it can't connect, the latency can become prolonged. Make sure you have an internet connection when you open the app. If you have no internet connection, you'll have to leave the app for a while until GC stops trying to connect.

9. stbassy

stbassy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 7, 2011

high drop rate. like listening to a broken record.

but i think you're right on the Game-Center part.
    I left the game running for about 6-7 minutes, no improvement. So then I tried to manually logging into the Gamecenter / Achievements and Leaderboards. When the "unable to login" message appears, the game runs smoothly.

thanks!

10. Monsieur Dangereux

Feb 24, 2012
    #450 Monsieur Dangereux, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    You guys are not really fair there... The only game which could be close to GoF 2 (or better) is GoF 3.

11. eloquent

Mar 21, 2009
    got all medals but cant neither buy the VoidX nor the Specter.... :( restarted and reinstalled the game several times... still nothing...

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I get this too on my iPad 3. Usually happens on the first launch of the game. I'd then quit, multitask close, then reopen the game and its fine. But good to hear its not just me.

13. eloquent

Mar 21, 2009
    that appears when gamecenter is not quick loading the stats...

14. Monsieur Dangereux

Feb 24, 2012
    I would post that problem on the official forum (http://forum.fishlabs.net/viewforum.php?f=28). Looks like a bug. The devs might be able to tweak your save so you don't have to start over.

15. Anyone have both the ipad 4 and old new ipad? Does this game run any better on the ipad 4 in regards to framerates and added effects?

16. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Tag tag

Using this to help my gof2

17. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Can you check that you do indeed have all medals and that they are all gold? If so, you should be able to purchase the VoidX at Thynome. When you have all gold medals as well as all Supernova medals, the Specter should be available at Katashan, in the new Nivelian system.

18. Menel

Menel Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2012
    Engineer
    TN
    Effects would have to be specifically coded in.

IPad 3 already runs smooth without hicup.

19. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    With Openfeint going the way of the dodo, anyone know if the developers are going to switch over to iCloud for their cloud save slot? I kinda rely on that to keep a single save between my iPad and iPod Touch and would hate to lose it when Openfeint disappears.

EDIT: Or have they switched over to iCloud already? I haven't checked recently.

20. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It already has iCloud saves as well as OpenFeint. Second save slot from the bottom.