Mega Dead Pixel :: New arcade retro faller - Looking for testers!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by About Fun, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Zeldaniac

Zeldaniac Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Guess I'll work towards that. ;)

Awesome! Hope there'll be some friendly competition going on.

I understand how the shapes work in-game, but swords and huts and stuff already appear, so I don't really get the point of buying more.

2. ruka

ruka Active Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Programmer
    Internet
    Haven't reach 2000 yet, the best i've was only 900 something. Still a long waay.

My initial impression, the music and the art style is awesome. I like playing with buttons control (sensitivity 4), it's much easier than the default settings. Also, I can't seems to get the hang of swipe control. It sometimes work and mostly doesn't, anything I do won't move the player at all.

Other issues I have is:

1. In the beginning of the level, there's too much shapes. There's a lot of time when I only just beginning to play and BAM the next thing is, I'm already dead.

2. Uhm, very small issue, you could call it selfish. I got a lot of "one more time!" feeling when I play this game, and somehow I kinda get annoyed when I have to went through two screens (blashpemy!) to play the level again. I don't have much competition vibe like other player, and usually when I play games like this, I do the mission and I want to unlock more stuffs (cosmetic, shapes). So, at this time, I don't feel I have any need for that pixel-start-upgrade screen as much :/

Overall nice game, polished and fun!

3. About Fun

About Fun Well-Known Member

I see :).
    There are at least 2 aspects at you should consider while buying/equipping each shape. For example sword is an object, that is really wide and that's why it's easy to crash into. It's default object and can't be unequipped. If you buy some other objects, that are taller and narrow, they are easier to paint and don't block the way as much as sword. Basically, more objects you have, less swords or other "not so good" objects your see in-game. And if you buy some really big shape made of more pixels, you score much faster and easier than if you keep painting one pixel shapes :).

It's a bit of strategy we wanted to have in the game. It's probably badly presented, but we will work on it ;). I hope I made it a bit clearer.

4. About Fun

About Fun Well-Known Member

Hi ruka, thank you very much for your feedback.

We all use sensitivity set to 4 too. We should change the default setting and as swipe was really only experimental, we will most probably put it away.

1) Will think about it for sure. We just need to find a compromise between PRO players, who find the first part boring and newcomers, who need to gain a skill at first :).

2) :) Well, we have already made the bonus screen to appear faster. It was done by switching off its animation. We don't want to get rid of this screen totally, as a lot of our testers use these "bigger boosters". But I understand what you mean and will see what we can do more to make it less annoying.

Thank you very much!

5. FlowStudioGames

FlowStudioGames Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2011
    Co-Founder
    Europe
    Let me in!

Hey guys, great to see some new stuff from you! Please send me the Test Flight invitation to [email protected] ;o)