iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Phew just finished the mission defend with one guy left (lightning claws) he had to kill the last 18 or so genestealers and he managed it some how.

Attached Files:

2. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It didn't look good when it got down to just him and he was getting surrounded.

Attached Files:

3. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    1. Space wolves' close combat bonus not applied in other campaigns. Just tryed it in defilement of honor - no CC bonus. But badstuff is present - they get only 5 command points.

2. Sustained fire bonus dosn't applied to broodlord. So last time i shoot broodlord only when roll 6 and 6 when it was clearly stated by log that kill on 5+.

4. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #624 Ajso, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Will investigate further on both accounts.

The battle log should now say that you need to rolls double when shooting at broodlord (guess that will be in for next patch)

EDIT: Currently the bonus is only added when it's an attack to the front..so if the SW is attacked form the side the bonus isn't added.

5. ednan

ednan Well-Known Member

Oh my, are you a wizard? 18 genestealers with claws?

Edit: ah, space wolves. Makes sense now.

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    For got to come back here and post a pic of my latest tattoo :D

Attached Files:

7. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    It is pretty damn cool :D :D :D

8. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Really wish this game was smaller in file size :( I keep thinking "should I delete it, or shouldn't i?"
    I love the game and have bought all the extra packs but I've only got a 16gig iPad and this takes up nearly 4gig :eek:
    Wish this had been made for iOS like warhammer quest and not ported from pc because then I'd bet we'd have a smaller size. ;)
    Well I still haven't deleted it :D but grrrrrr

9. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Funnily enough I deleted it today for that very same reason. I have bought all the iap, too and it's just so damn big.

10. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I had deleted Space Hulk off my iPad 2 not long after I got it, but kept it installed on my retina Mini. Only I mainly use my iPad 2, so out of sight, out of mind...

11. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Apologies if this has been asked 40K times, but how does the gameplay compare to games like Warhammer Quest (which I saw just mentioned) or XCOM for iOS? I have a 64 GB rMini, so not concerned about file size or computer power. Thanks!!

12. Skypoint

Skypoint Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    It's a straight conversion of a board game, with a few minor differences. As such it's similar in that each of your units (each Terminator Marine) has a number of Action Points they use each turn. The outcome of actions is made with explicit dice rolls.

Also, more action takes place in choke point corridors.

13. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Co-op and new MP Lobby now added to Space Hulk

I just wanted to drop by and let you know that we just put out and update to Space Hulk, which includes Co-op Functionality as we as a Multiplayer Lobby system.

To celebrate We're having a sale on the ipad version 50% off for a week.

AppStore

14. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I'd love to buy this game along with its DLC but the sheer file size is dissuading me.

15. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Yeah I hear you. I just about bought it. I own all the 40k series and love all 3. I can't keep this on my device forever with that size. Tough choice. Not sure what I am going to do. Big sale I have to get it.

16. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I am looking at buying some DLC to start me off, however the game provides little clues as to what each expansion includes.

Definitely want the space wolves as I understand I can play all levels with these guys, but also want some level expansions too.

Which should I buy first? Are there any must buys?

Thanks in advance

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmm the space wolves are cool because they change things from ranged to close combat so it's good for a change, missions wise I bought them all straight away when the game came out so I don't know, I just work through them in order so can't really recommend any over others. The cheaper pack has three missions and the slightly more expensive packs have five missions, if that helps any.
    The space wolves also come with some missions.

18. Phoenix24

Phoenix24 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 7, 2012
    Lancashire, England
    I see you are a big fan of this game, and if I hadn't been playing WHQ so much recently would probably have bought this before now.

I know that this game is different from WHQ, however am surprised that it has not had more coverage or support, compared to the other WH40K games which don't appear to justify the attention we have seen on the forums.

I will probably just buy them all, but wondered if there was any kind of progression, or increase in difficulty between the packs.

Thanks for your input oooooomonkey, maybe I will meet you in the multiplayer lobby once I have learnt the basics#

19. Topherunhinged

Topherunhinged Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Just bought this myself, excellent so far, but I wouldn't worry about any expansion IAP until you've completed the game; which itself is damn hard, extremely satisfying and should last you awhile.

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    That's a good idea, the main missions still take a while to go through. Although I suppose picking up the space wolves if you got stuck or wanted a change you could try a mission with them.

I'm not hiding how much I like the game ;) I did used to love gamesworkshop when I was younger and pained the little guys etc so now that I'm older I'm really loving all the digital stuff especially space hulk as it's so close to the actual game, (talisman is cool to) I did enjoy warhammer quest but that's more of a video game which was cool but I like the space theme of space hulk more.
    Well enough ranting got work today. :(