Air Mail - (by Chillingo)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Mar 8, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2012

Features:
    • 25 Missions In Mission Mode the player choose a character and plays through a 7-chapter campaign, containing 25 missions and a bonus mission. The player gets to take part in exciting activities spanning five unique environments. There are a variety of mission objectives including catching fish, excavating dragon bones, rescuing the town from raging fires and disarming bombs on zeppelin battleships!
    • Air Mail is designed to be accessible to a wide audience. Therefore, mission objectives are not compulsory and the player is always free to fly anywhere they want. There is even a special Exploration Mode in the game which rewards the player for investigating landmarks and collecting magical scrolls, hidden throughout the environment.
    • Unlockable Paint Jobs The game rewards the player for completing Side Quests, like collecting Golden Monkey Statues, by unlocking new paint jobs for his plane. The player can apply a paint job in the menu, then fly around with it in any game mode.
    • Downloadable Content Expansions to the Air Mail universe are already being developed and will be available as downloadable expansions or standalone packages.
    • Custom paint jobs for your plane
    • Illustrated cinematic storytelling
    • Play as a boy or a girl

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Finally got to see the video. Now excuse while I pick up my jaw from the floor.

It's funny, because just recently I was thinking that we needed a good flying adventure/RPG game. I'm a huge fan of Miyazaki's Porco Rosso, and would love to play in a world where flying is synonymous with excitement and adventure (as opposed to our world, where flying is synonymous with annoyance). The developers of Air Mail were seemingly thinking along the same lines.

3. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Normally don't care about Chillingo releases, but I'm looking forward to this one.

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    i hope the game is as good as the trailer

5. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    #5 AnarKitty, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    I'm with squarezero; that is a really impressive promo video, and has me very excited for what I can only hope will be a Universal game. And yeah, for a Chillingo release.. just wow. Very cinematic-looking and impressive in scope; hope the gameplay lives up to the visuals.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Am I the only one who's getting a bit of an Beyond Good and Evil vibe from this?

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

New Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chillingo also did add a new Feature List at their Website:

• Class-leading graphics and sound, with additional graphics effects when played on the new iPad.
    • Three game modes let you play each level in a variety of ways, from story-based missions to simple exploration.
    • Unlockable paint jobs let you customize your ship.
    • Full support for the new iPad Retina display.
    • Universal app that plays on both your iPad and iPhone.

8. MCPhatman

MCPhatman Member

May 17, 2012

Exactly what i felt when I saw it!

9. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Really excited for this title.

Not sure what's with the Chillingo hate. They put out all kinds of games, most of them are decent, and some of them are excellent. The main problem is that the excellent ones come out with no promotion, so it's good to see Chillingo going through the trouble of announcing and promoting this title.

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Release date?

Any news on a release date?

11. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

12. AppRocketeer

AppRocketeer Active Member

May 16, 2012
    iOS App Marketers
    San Francisco, CA
    Holy smokes this looks amazing! What stunning visuals! Well done guys!

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer