Mobigame Games SALE (99c, FREE)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, Sep 22, 2011.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Edge and Perfect Cell for $0.99 each. Do it.

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Nice, had my eye on Perfect Cell for a while now. Should I get Edge if I already have Edge Extended?

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Same question I have too. Admittedly, I only got up to ~lev 24 and just stopped playing...

5. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Edge is great, but it looks kinda old compared to Edge Extended.

If you do go that route, stop playing Extended and play through the first one, then come back...

All four of these games ROCK! :D

6. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    When you say old, do you mean not as sharp as Edge Extended? Or the level design looks old?

It looks like there is an update to Edge today.. With the updated 3D engine, maybe the original Edge won't look so "old"?

7. Ghouls'R'us

Ghouls'R'us Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    A wise man speaks. ;)

Trucker's Delight is very much unappealing to me, plus it contrasts with their other more elegant, minimalist titles in such an unflattering way, it looks like it came form a completely different company.

The original Edge runs on a 2D engine, but looks a lot like Extended. It's actually quite remarkable when you think of it. There are less neat visual & conceptual tricks than in Extended, but the level design is excellent, and all levels are different from one another.

Has anyone else found it curious that Osmos went on sale at the exact same time as Mobigame's titles? It's a good idea for them to jump on the bandwagon while like-minded gamers are on a buying frenzy, but still I wonder if both studios aren't buddies or somethin'.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Mostly the 2D engine looks a lot less smooth than Extended. Levels are fine (though Extended does add some elements, like the black cube.)

I didn't finish Edge the first time around, and went back to it after having played two dozen Extended levels... it's the same, but not, very much like looking at a 4:3 version of a movie after having just watched the enchanced 16:9... a bit of a jump, but you get used to it after a while. :)

9. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    It's all got something to do with the Autumnal Equinox or whatever that is ;)

10. Ghouls'R'us

Jun 9, 2011
    I somehow doubt Mobigame would go through the trouble of upgrading the original Edge to 3D. That would mean rebuilding all levels from scratch, unless they have some sort of voodoo magic I don't know about.

They could instead build a whole new game form the original levels and sell that instead, like some kind of "Deluxe Edition".

11. Ghouls'R'us

Jun 9, 2011
    Soon they'll run out of excuses and start using old pagan festivities. :p

12. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Well... In the TA's Edge thread, TheFrost posted today that there was an update including the 3d engine.. And according to the itunes link, it says it was updated for 3d engine.. But maybe the update is too new..doesn't sound like anyone's posted any feedback on the updated 3d engine yet.

But anyways..man, I didn't want to get anymore games this month, but I may "have" to pick up Edge & Osmos (& maybe NyxQuest HD).

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yup, I just updated the original Edge, looks just as great as Extended does

14. Ghouls'R'us

Jun 9, 2011
    What's New in Version 1.70
    - New 3D engine running at 60 FPS!

Well waddaya know, you're right! :eek: I'm definitely surprised, and delighted!

They should try to advertise this visual upgrade as much as possible. This is no small thing!

15. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Thanks syntheticvoid! I can always count on you for the latest info! =D

Time to update. =D lol..

I'll pick up Edge after work! Yay for sales!

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Definitely.

The smoothness and slight zoom in/out makes a subtle yet HUGE difference, if this is the case then there's no reason not to pick up the original for a buck!

17. Nizen

Nizen Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Student
    I'm picking up Edge. :)

18. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Perfect Cell and Edge has been on my wishlist for a very long time....:D

19. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Hm. Maybe I'll pick up Perfect Cell. Maybe.

Once you finish the game, though... Isn't it pretty much done? Is there much replay value to it? If not, how much time can you get out of it?

20. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    #20 gwet17, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
    You'll want to play it more after beating it because it's so fun and you really can try many new strategies. There are collectables and achievements, if that's your kind of thing. You can even try to beat each level without killing a soul.
    The ragdoll physics add an unbelievable amount of entertainment value to this game, by the way. ;)
    I say buy it. I was content with my purchase when it was $5.99.