Tongue Tied (by new dev studio Mojo Bones)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by arta, Sep 27, 2011.

1. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #1 arta, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
    Teaser trailer. No gameplay yet.

http://www.mojobones.co.uk/?p=551
    Is it too much to hope for ingame animation to resemble cartoon animation, like House of Mice? Would be a shame if it was limited to cinematics. :)

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Love the characters!

3. MojoBonesLtd

MojoBonesLtd Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone is interested, but we just wanted to let you know that we still have a few postcards available (see competition at the end of the trailer). Just thought we'd give the Touch Arcade crew a little nudge before we tell anyone else ;)

Hope you enjoyed the teaser (which is actually the intro to the game BTW), a gameplay trailer will be following soon. Rest assured, we're giving the game as much love as the teaser.

Thanks for your support…

Mojo Bones.

4. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Thanks, and welcome to TA forums!

5. MojoBonesLtd

Thanks Arta, it's good to be here.

When we've got screenshots of the game in action I'll add them to this thread, rather than start a new one. Things are going well over here, although we're having to use huge amounts of self-control in order to stop ourselves from playing 'Monsters Ate My Condo'.

Damn that game, and its addictive condo-eating action!

6. MojoBonesLtd

Hi guys,

It's been longer than anticipated - sorry about that - but we finally have some Tongue Tied screenshots to share with y'all. These are in-game shots that were grabbed directly from the iPhone 4 version. Check them out here...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.283077575065446.70182.215167061856498&type=3

For anyone that's interested in lending a hand, we're going to be selecting some beta testers very soon. 'Like' our Facebook page for more information and you can also sign up to our Twitter for updates too.

http://www.facebook.com/mojobonesltd
    http://twitter.com/#!/mojobonesltd

We hope you like the look of the game. Next up: gameplay trailer.

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Looks great :)

8. MojoBonesLtd

Hey LOLavi, thanks for the positive vibes, we're glad you like the look of it.

9. MojoBonesLtd

We've just launched the gameplay trailer for Tongue Tied. From everyone here at Mojo Bones... enjoy!

I'm not sure how successful this will be, but we wanted to use the faithful Touch Arcade forums as a place to gauge people's opinions in regards to pricing. People here are obviously passionate and knowledgeable about iOS games, so it seems like an ideal place to get an honest response to this type of question.

Out of the following two options what would people prefer...

A) A low launch price ($0.99) with the option of in-app purchases at a later date

B) A slightly higher price at launch ($1.99) but with free updates guaranteed for the future of the game

Obviously it's a pretty vague question, as the content of the IAP would be a factor, but we just wanted to get people's general thoughts.

Anyway, thanks for your time and we hope you enjoyed the trailer.

Mojo Bones

10. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

The game looks awesome, also i enjoyed the gameplay very much,i would pay 1.99 for it, but if you want to follow the trends iap is the way to go!

11. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    I'd go with $1.99 and free updates. Not too much of a fan of IAP.

12. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  13. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Looks awesome! Very impressed here.

14. MojoBonesLtd

Hey guys,

We're really glad people are diggin' the trailer. As always, thanks for the support, and as small way of showing our appreciation, we've uploaded the main Tongue Tied title track for download.

http://www.mojobones.co.uk/?p=1105

Thanks again.

15. MojoBonesLtd

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in to let eveyone know that we have a new walkthrough trailer for Tongue Tied. Hopefully this gives an insight into how the game is played and answers a few questions.

Tongue Tied will be on the App Store on the 15th December and more details can be found on our website here...

http://www.mojobones.co.uk/?p=1132

As always, thanks for the support and feedback. Happy holidays!

16. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    15th december hell yeahh!! :D

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    So many quality games coming on December 15th... No matter how much I want this, not sure can I afford! :(

18. MojoBonesLtd

Hey guys, glad you're liking the look of the game!

LOLavi - no worries, we know what you mean. Our wallets are going to be dry on the 15th too.

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Yeah, but you see, I really want to support indie devs more than the big gunners. It's just the damn hype... But as I'm only picking GTA III and SCB, I might have some left for this :) Of course there's always surprises...