Full Android forum?

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by debraceen111, Mar 1, 2013.

1. debraceen111

debraceen111 New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Hello everybody,

I would like to firstly say that I am thankful to Touch Arcade for starting the Android subforum! It has been long overdue. Whatever took you guys so long...I don't know.

I am an Android user (never owned an iOS device) but since I search for tips in certain games, I came across this forum and have always lurked in the background looking at impressions of games that are on both Android and Google Play, and of course making use of tips that members post on here.

What I want to know though is, can there be a totally separate Android forum? Like separate from the iOS forum. Now, that would be rad!

It sucks that despite being a bigger platform with more userbase, Android gaming doesn't have a single proper forum. The only ones I have come across are pirate forums. Nowhere where civilized discussions and posting of Android games take place.

Hopefully, you consider this. TQ

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I asked for a "sub-forum" when I requested this but this really is a full forum. It's directly under Touch Arcade completely separate from the iOS forums so I'm not sure what you're asking for.

Frankly, I'm quite happy with getting this since, as you say, there really isn't crap as far as intelligent forums for Android gamers (although Droid Gamers just started one that is looking good).

Since you are, in fact, a long time Android user, please help contribute to some threads. I'd particularly like to know more Android exclusives that are good (there's a thread I started for that).

3. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    Let's enjoy that we have an Android sub forum for now, before we start bugging them for more :) I think if we help make the android section vibrant and fill it with useful info, it will grow in popularity and the need for a completely separate forum will grow organically.

4. debraceen111

debraceen111 New Member

Mar 1, 2013
    I meant a full forum as in separate from iOS stuff. But that might just be asking too muc....

As for your comment on the droidgamer forum, I appreciate it so much! I visit their website every now and then but how I missed this is surprising. It is not buzzing with activity since it seems new but hopefully things change there soon.

I will find some exclusive Android games (but I really can't think of any as most/all of my games are already on iOS) and post them here once I do.

5. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    What's it they say about running before you can walk..... lets see how this sub-forum goes. There might be far more Android devices out there but the quality on google play is far lower than the appstore, for now! I use a Note 2 so not hating on Android, it's the best phone I've ever owned, by some distance too. It's certainly nice to see this Android sub as TA forums are quality. :)

6. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I don't get how people are saying this is a sub-forum (not that I would care if it is). It's DIRECTLY underneath Touch Arcade in the layers of the forum. So if this is a sub-forum then all of the iOS ones are also considered sub-forums.

This forum is on an equal footing with the iOS forums. Period. So I don't see what the problem is.

7. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    So a site focusing on iOS gaming releases a forum dedicated to Android games, and a few hours later a new member shows up asking for an Android-only forum separate from the iOS side?

8. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I'm just appreciative that there is one, but what's funny is that it IS separate from the iOS side. It has it's own heading and all.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    That's my point! ^^

I'm glad to see TouchArcade branching out and expanding, and I welcome the new visitors gladly.

10. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    Tsk Tsk on asking for more...especially when we JUST got this forum.
    I mean its right under iOS headings and it has to go somewhere.....:confused:

Anyway, welcome to all the new member's who've found this Android forum.
    This is already a great site to start with and confident the Android forum will make it even better.:)

11. I like this forum, even though I don't have an android phone ar this minute, but may.

Got a question, does Android have hdmi tv, and can someone post a screenshot? Thxs. RR3 hdmi from an ipad 3.

Attached Files: