Mass petition to Open-Feint service (cheaters attack)

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by YOMANx, Jan 16, 2010.

1. YOMANx

YOMANx Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Game Developer
    #1 YOMANx, Jan 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
    Hello, Some words about cheaters, time to ban.

All cheaters use jailbreaked phones and ipod touches, so they Never buy any software or games, they bring big problems for Developers and Openfeint system..
    World table Records useless NOW, Honest Players(buyers) not interested in it because Top 500 players places in cheaters.
    It will be very hard delete them by Neighbor, and then they can begin to falsify records, this system kills all sorts of competitions from developers.
    Сheaters kill hundreds of games, gameplay which is targeted at improving their record!
    The best choice will be ban this cheaters by their IP and Device ID!!!

SO ALL DEVS, TIME TO WRITE PETITIONS TO OpenFeint about BAN SYSTEAM

write on: [email protected]
    with some info:1) What is your developer account email?
    2) What feature are you experiencing problems with? - Leaderboards

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol....overreaction

3. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I'm sorry, but I don't think all jailbroken ipod touch/iphone owners pirate games.
    I for one have a jailbroken ipod touch and I do not support pirating apps or games.

4. zachattacksox

zachattacksox Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I have a jailbroken phone and have never pirated apps. In fact, I have spent $200-$300 on apps I could have pirated but didnt.

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    The bolded/underlined part: ?!!?!?!!??

So..many things wrong with your post..anyways. Just because you suck and can't get high up on leaderboards doesn't mean everyone cheats :rolleyes: There are people who are just good at games. Maybe you should practice instead of wasting your time on this petition.

And that's an understatement lol.

6. Harpgliss

Harpgliss Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Here No More
    Hi,

As derek420 points out, just sounds like sour grapes at the fact you are not very good at gaming.

Me, I know I am not very good at gaming and make no pretense of being good.

My advice, practice and stop blaming others for being better than you.

David

7. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Seriously? This is what Devs should waste their time petitioning? We don't have bigger issues? Really?

I am a dev, I have a Jailbroken iPhone and I have never pirated an iPhone game.

8. Redpanda9

Redpanda9 Member

Oct 2, 2009
    I thought this was a petition to ban openfeint itself, go plus+! hehe.......

9. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    #9 RttaM, Jan 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
    I've considered Jail-braking my Ipod Touch, but not to steal things. People Jail Brake they're Ipod Touch's/Iphones because they want "extra features".

10. BimBamm

BimBamm Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    US AND A
    Yeah Plus+ is really better. But the Gamerscore is also hacked. Wasn't that simple.....oO

11. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    OF 2.4 blows Plus+ out of the water.

12. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Yeah dude, I totally agree! We all know that those guys who jailbreak their devices are actually pirating! They're ****ing killing the app store and we should ban EVERYONE using a jailbroken device.

Dipshit

13. eJayStudios

eJayStudios Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    I might be wrong, but the way I understood what OP is saying is that people who pirate games they can hack and post impossible high scores on OpenFeint servers?

Of course he exaggerates that everyone does this, but it's only enough of few who does and your high scores list is useless.

Maybe he proposing a petition of sorts where developer can ban those high scores together with the devices which posted them? Something like a black list of offending UDID or similar?

Of course it could be that I completely misinterpreted OP's message :)

14. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yes that's exactly what he's saying. But he also goes on to say that everyone who jailbreaks pirates apps, and everyone who jailbreaks hacks high scores.

15. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Don't even try to argue, Derek, everyone knows that's exactly what you guys do!

16. eJayStudios

eJayStudios Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Are you sure he said that?

He said "All cheaters" - so he is only talking about people who submitted hacked scores, he didn't say everyone?

I find it interesting that people got so offended by this post and not even one reply talk about real issue at hand OP raised - that hacked high scores makes whole score system pointless and that paying customers getting off put by this and won't play the game anymore.

17. Demonskunk

Demonskunk Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Yeah, same here.
    I admittedly have downloaded a couple games for free, but I've only done it for testing purposes. Big name companies like to charge massive prices for crap apps, after all :O so you gotta check these things out o3o

18. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    The F**k?

19. schplurg

schplurg Well-Known Member

+1

Read people, he said all cheaters use JB'd phones. He did not say all JB'ers are cheaters or pirates. Geez.

I haven't played with OF, but I may add it to my upcoming game. Can anybody corroborate that people are cheating as he says?

20. EssentialParadox

EssentialParadox Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    UK / Toronto
    I'm struggling to understand some of the responses to this thread… Was this previously in a gamer forum and then moved into the developer forum?

I'm surprised a couple of peoples' response has been telling him to practice more at games… ?? He's obviously a developer, and he's talking about getting pirates off of the multiplayer functions and high-score lists in games. So I don't know where you got the idea he's just a ticked off gamer.

I don't see anything wrong with the OP's idea to ask for an OpenFeint ban system, from what I see it would be similar to the Xbox Live ban system and would act to discourage pirates. Probably he worded it inaccurately by suggesting we ban all Jailbroken devices, but it's easily possible for OpenFeint to do the UDID Match check to see if the game is an illegal pirated version, and then ban those devices from playing pirated games using OpenFeint features. It wouldn't stop pirates completely, but I feel it would be a good start toward discouraging it.