iPad [Pulled] Dead Space - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. aiti1980

aiti1980 Member

Dec 26, 2010
  2. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Does the iphone version have bosses in it?

3. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Thanks for the information. So how come in the picture, there are two un-upgraded black spots left? Did the player just choose not to do it yet or something?

4. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    Never mind solved myself

5. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    In that picture, NO nodes have been upgraded. The black spots are blank nodes - nodes that you might need to fill in to get access to other nodes, but that give you no benefit.

You can tell which nodes are available to fill in by the ring around them - so in this case, the two at the very left. Once you place a node in either of those, all the nodes connected to it will be available for upgrading then, as well. For example, if you put a node in the CAP spot in the upper left, the REL spot to the right of it would open up. If you then put a node into that, the MIN and DMG spots below and to the right respectively, would open up.

For that specific weapon, you actually will never need to fill in those dark nodes, if you use your nodes correctly. However, there are other items, like your rig and your stasis module, that will require you to fill in those dark nodes.

6. Xemjas

Xemjas New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Dlc?

Does anyone know what kind of DLC content will be added to this game?
    there is a menu for it, but it's empty at the moment.

7. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    #567 Java, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    It's not empty, it's only empty for those using a cracked version of the game. DLC is not available on any games that are pirated. You cannot bullshit the bullshitters.

Either I am wrong, In which case I am truthfully sorry, or I am right, in which case you need to go and buy the game, or be banned from here.

8. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    The boss character near the last level (As you are heading to the reactor, Chapter 11.) is a friggin pain. Anyone have an easy way to beat him? I used up all of my friggin Ripper Ammo, Plasma Cutter Ammo, Corer and Line Gun....how the heck do you all beat him?

9. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    LOL classic!

10. iPodTouchMan15

iPodTouchMan15 Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2010
    What the heck

I really cannot believe the mods here on Toucharcade. The controls are bad? You guys are the people who recommend Enviro Bear for CHRISTS SAKE. These are INCREDIBLE controls: are you actually saying they should copy Gamelofts crappy joystik controls? Gerz. It's a lot better that the joystiks dont take up most of the screen. How can this game be criticized in any way, shape, or form? It's the best game to be released on a mobile platform, EVER. That is unquestionable. I mean this game made this platform more than just a mobile gaming device, it made it a CONSOLE gaming device. Games like this should be encouraged to everyone. You recommend Infinity Blade, a B-rated game IMO, and not a AAA title like this? Geez. I can't even CONCIEVE how you could criticize a game on this level. This is an iPhone, not a PS3, but this game makes it seem like a PS3. Please update your review, and make it so that you applaud EA for such an amazing game. Great job EA, but bad job Toucharcade. And anyone else who is questioning whether to buy this, check the app store. You may see this game in the number two top paid app... and 5 stars with excellent reviews. Listen to those reviews. I'm gonna start questioning Toucharcade reviews now... I don't really trust them anymore.

11. Brad Nicholson

Brad Nicholson 💪 <strong>Eli Sucks</strong> 💪

Dec 1, 2010
    OK, I’ll talk in here. I applaud Eli for his patience in this thread. I mean, really, just because I don’t like a specific aspect of a game doesn’t mean you get to fly off the handle and start throwing around baseless stuff. It’s just not something… polite or honest people do. But anyway --

I keep hearing a lot about the Kratos comparison. When I think fluid, action-packed games I default to SCE’s “God of War” series. In the context of the review I use the star of the series as a device to show a distinction. In “God of War” you fear no monster because, in the game, you are given powers to demolish most of what’s in your path. The game is designed in a way that makes Kratos feel like a god as he hacks through hordes and hordes of skeletons with a sick ease. In “Dead Space,” Isaac is given limited mobility and combat abilities, which serves to heighten tension. The general weakness of the combat, then, is something of a boon to the tone and atmosphere Visceral created around the core game elements. The point of the line in the review was just to demonstrate that Vandal doesn’t obliterate by merely wiggling its nose at a Necromorph.

So, if you’re choosing to try to use this as evidence that I never played “Dead Space” iOS or whatever the hell is trying to be said, well, you’re being silly. And you know it.

As for the "Dead Space" fan thing, hell yeah I’ve played a lot of “Dead Space.” I’ve also dipped into a lot of the trans media surround both releases. When I review games I try to do my best to focus on the game at hand. I’ll reference past titles, but talking about “Dead Space” or “Dead Space 2” or a “Dead Space” movie in a “Dead Space” iOS review is wasting a consumer’s time. They want to read about “Dead Space” iOS and then make a purchasing decision. I’m only going to mention what I think is appropriate and not make a big deal about how much I’ve read or played the previous stuff in the series.

On the combat, it’s as simple as different strokes for different folks. I was never a fan of the confined, “Resident Evil” style controls in the first “Dead Space,” nor am I fan of the port of those controls on a touch screen. The aiming doesn’t feel right to me, nor do the movements. More to the point, though, they become a hassle as the game progress and that’s where you have to draw the line. If they get in the way, you need to talk about them and discuss why they’re getting in the way. I did this and if you don’t agree then you don’t agree. It’s not a big deal, REALLY. Quit being so invested in this. Reviews are subjective and these are my thoughts. If you disagree, cool.

What you should really be concerned about, as a potential consumer, is who I am and how that informs my opinion. I started writing reviews at Destructoid and since have written reviews, most notably, for MTV Multiplayer. Feel free to take some time to understand my tastes as a dude who plays games and maybe you’ll see where I’m coming from. Also, consider my history.

At the end of the day, I want you to go into a purchase as well informed as possible -- that’s my goal as a reviewer. If our thoughts don’t line up so well, I ask you to look to other sources as well. But this is provided you actually haven’t purchased the game yet and just want to say nasty things because LOL Internet.

12. Brad Nicholson

Brad Nicholson 💪 <strong>Eli Sucks</strong> 💪

Dec 1, 2010
    Also, to the "this isn't a PS3" point getting flung around: we should always demand solid, platform-specific games. I'm not going to relax on a criticism because a given game is an iPhone game, just as I wouldn't if a game was a PS3 game.

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Seriously man, take a breath, go outside for some sunlight - come back to reality. All reviews are opinions, so if you don't agree that is fine, move on with your life.

14. iPodTouchMan15

Jan 31, 2010
    Opinions shouldn't be considered informing. I don't think you should base a review off of one opinion, but the many others. Maybe you should've just made a short article, talking about the game itself, not your opinion. Or maybe I jist don't know anything about journalism. In any case, this is the greatest iPhone game thus far, and that's not just my opinion, but the app store reviewers as well. Base your review off of the majority next time, and I think you should keep your opinions to yourself when you are talking to a large population. Thank you.

15. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    The controls are not the best. For me the low sensitivity increases my frustration, and the 180º turn mechanic is quite slow. I think this is what they wanted to focus on more, rather than your idea of Virtual Stick Controls. The controls in this game are spot on, but they are not saying they want dual sticks.

16. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Agreed.

17. iPodTouchMan15

Jan 31, 2010
    And Enviro Bear IS to be recommended? Seriously, fix your priorites. I'm done now.

18. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #578 Cilo, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    The articles on TA or anywhere else reviewing something ARE based on the writers opinion, how the hell do you think reviews work? Do you really think every site goes out, takes a collective poll of what people think, and then decide what to write? That makes no sense. You disagree so much, start your own blog. Or get a life, whichever comes first.

Also you're taking Enviro Bear out of context. It holds no weight in your argument, I would probably think of something else.

19. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Whoa, I just finished it (4 hours, 29 minutes and 11 seconds). Well done EA, now I expect a MP or more content in your next update. There are 18 chapters BTW!

20. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    [​IMG]