Will you buy Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 IF it is released?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Austin:], Mar 14, 2010.

1. Austin:]

Austin:] Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    I do not think I will. Mainly because of the fact that the controls don't look too well, but that is just my personal opinion. Also, I already have Skater Nation, Vans SK8: Pool Service, and I have yet to get Mike V: Do or Die, which everyone says sucks.

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    It's a when the release is official. Hopefully you won't have to stand on your idevice to control it. "Let me pull a kick flip" *snap goes iphone*

3. Austin:]

Austin:] Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Haha, wow:p

4. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    i think that i might.. I was interested in Skate Nation until i saw the lukewarm reception, hopefully the real thing will be better.

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    No, because I already have Skater Nation.

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Yes. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 was so fun on the GBA, and the PSX version of it is just outstanding. I can not wait for the iPhone one.

The Tony Hawk series has been losing its awesomeness over the past few games. I'm glad they're bringing back the second best of the series (in my opinion. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 is my favorite) to try and reclaim that lost luster. The touch controls may be iffy, but I will still support it 100%, and it is a day-one download for me.

This series has been a huge part of my gaming life. So naturally I will be migrating towards this one pretty fast :p

7. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    This!

Hopefully they will combine the tracklists a bit though. Need new girl (suicide machines) and superman (goldfinger):p

8. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    Instantly

I wouldn't think twice, instant buy for me considering there are no decent skateboarding games on the app store IMO

9. Marioman619

Marioman619 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2009
    What he said.

10. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Yes I will...and I won't even ask for a promo code. BTW, I have SN, Vans, and Mike V, and of those Mike V is by far the best IMO. It doesn't suck in the least.

11. GothamCity

GothamCity Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    Italy
    thps 2 is the port of the psx game, and it's simply one of the very few best skate games of the history (gamerankings score says 94!!) so if the controls are implemented well enough there are no skater nation or mike v or others...this it will be the only skate game for the iphone. (considering Touchgrind a very different type of skating-game of course)

12. Derochea72

Derochea72 Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Floor installer
    Ma
    I've been looking at mike v but decided against it because of the bad reviews. But I have all others and they all blow!

13. Batman1v

Batman1v Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Student
    I will definitely be getting it. The only way I wouldn't get it is if they released THPS 3, in which case, I would get that instead.

14. DPP13

DPP13 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    College Student
    I probably will. I like Tony Hawk games and havent played one in many many years.

15. iFanzine

iFanzine Well-Known Member

one word, yes!

16. gatorsxrule

gatorsxrule Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    School
    Florida
    I hope they allow you to use tilt to steer instead of a d-pad

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    THPS2 is probably my favorite Tony Hawk game. I've played it to death during my lifetime. But even though it's official now, I don't think I'll be buying it. My heart belongs to EA's Skate. With the THPS games slipping over the last few installments, Skate snuck in there and upped the ante. I even tried playing Project 8 after becoming comfortable with Skate's controls and I just can't do it anymore. It doesn't feel right. So as much of a fan of THPS2 as I am, I think I'll be holding off until Skate It comes out for iPhone. THPS R.I.P.

18. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Well Vans Pool sucked and I finished Skater Narion. So yeah, it's likely I'll get it. Unless it comes out same time as Skate It then I'll see which is better, then get the not so good one later! But personally, I only
    played pro skate 3 so it's not like it's bringing back memories. If they got pro skater 3, it would be insta buy.

And dont forget the video is a year or so old so controls are just demonstrating, it may be better.

19. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Touchgrind is good

20. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I may be a bit late, but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in.

This game WILL be coming. I don't think that someone like Tony Hawk would lie about it, and the screens look pretty legit. It's been proven that the iPhone CAN pull it off, and the last game that Activision ported was HUGE. So I don't see why they wouldn't.

That said, I will be buying this the second it comes out. THPS2 is the 3rd best skateboarding game out of a TON (only behind American Wasteland and Underground 1).