New pokemon like game for iOS coming, take a look in ZENFORMS: Protectors

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jirayasama, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Izaya

Izaya Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    8th Grade lol
    Behind You
    Omg, That looks great and I can't wait for the release. Hopefully this month or early next month maybay? lol.

Anyways now I wish I could design x.x

2. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Looking at the pictures, the characters do kind of look a little fat. You think you can make a slim, average, husky(fat) mode in the game? Just saying, if not its good the way it is. Hopefully a future feature?

3. Yume

Yume Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    What the hell ...
    Please say this was a pathetic attempt to troll.

4. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    That's wasn't rude or being a "troll" as the people of the internet say.

Actually I agree with him.​

5. Bdzer

Bdzer Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    What separates this type of Pokemon-like game from the others is the simple ability to walk around towns. LOVEEEEE

6. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Not to mention the ability to pick your own gender, create your own look using outfits and hairstyles, making choices and quests. The game has been in development for 2 years, has a whole fake planet created with it's own lore, history and brands for you to explore in this massive game world.
    Also, all our ZENFORMS were designed by 2 designers FOR ZENFORMS and are not random monsters or "fakemon" we asked an artist from deviantart for ;-)

:p :p
    Ha I'm joking.

Any ways - I have an answer for that question on the bodies.
    When we started working on the game, I wanted the ability for the characters to be able to wear any outfit/hairstyle layered on top of them and not a "set look". Because of the pixel style of the game, tricks like scaling and stretching the outfits looked really weird. So we could only have 1 body type.
    Originally, we had several body types. Small, tall, fat and "kid/child". But it would of added so much time and resources if we wanted to keep the outfit system that was planned (the one we have now).

I have a surprise planned for the game (well to show you all). I'm not ready to show it off yet. Hopefully I'll have it by the end of the weekend, if not, I'm sure I'll post some more screenshots lol.

7. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Ooh, i like surprises, but not being startled. And while surprising can be fun, it can also be startling... Anyways, hope this comes out before mar 11 :D. Btw did you find your tile artist yet?

8. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    #288 tso5818, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    Thanks for replying back on my body question/idea/ whatever it is that u mentioned. That's a good thing you took the extra body types out, so you can consintrate on the clothing and everything.

Also thanks to whomever defended my post saying I didn't troll. I don't even know exactly what trolling is lol. Thanks again.

9. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Uh you can do that in Pocket Monsters.

10. Neo-Dragon

Jan 4, 2012
    He was referencing other pokemon-like games for iOS - not referencing the Pokemon games themselves.

I posted this image on my twitter during the week.
    This is a teaser for the bad guys in the game.
    More information on them will be coming really soon.

[​IMG]

11. JoeyLP

JoeyLP Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    australia
    They look great. Giving off the evil feel with the masks.

12. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    OMG, my all time favorite picture yet. This makes me want the game even more. Couple more days till March cant wait woot woot. :)

P.S. Any news on which day the game will come out on March?

13. wuzmaname

wuzmaname Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Man I've been keeping an eye out on Zenforms for a while now, and I must say that it's coming along great!

I wasn't aware of the updates on the first page (I usually bookmark the last page in the forum), and so was plesantly surprised to find so much more new content! This is really looking like it's happening in March!

Can't wait!

14. Yeater42

Yeater42 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Really excited! can't wait to get new info on release!

15. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    Not sure if this has been asked but is breeding going to be implemented into the game.

16. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I don't think breeding is implemented, soo any news Neo- old buddy ol' pal friend aquaintince partner dev producer male of mine?

17. Neo-Dragon

Jan 4, 2012
    Hey guys. Sorry about the delay writing back.
    I have some screenshots, but first I'll answer the questions.

I haven't a clue when the game will be out. I have some surprises coming soon. Surprise announcements concerning the release. So stay tuned as usual.

About breeding....
    There is no breeding in ZENFORMS. ZENFORMS are asexual creatures - they have no gender. New ZENFORMS come from the energy produced by Gaia Crystals - big crystals that grow from the planet's core.

Some screenshots.
    This is the shop UI. This is an in-game screenshot taken from the first shop in the game (which is in the second town).
    [​IMG]
    Sale for a Rinrox doll.

[​IMG]
    "Tera" ZENFORMS are not ground ZENFORMS - it's the nick name given to the Newborn Slino and it's evolutions.

[​IMG]
    This design for the Thank You message was voted on by users from the Halloween Contest.

I hope you like it. I'll most likely add shadows to the items in the Shop UI to make it look a bit nicer.
    I'll do it as an update after release.
    Any more questions, please just ask.

18. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Very nice! Zenforms are asexual... Wheres the fun in that :p

19. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    I like the shop ui, i agree that shadows would touch it up a bit. Are the crystals colored appropriately to the zenform type?

20. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    One little question. Will there be more than one stuffed animal (Zenform) in the game?