The 2011-2012 NBA Season Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by KiddToKmart, Dec 9, 2011.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    What a frenzied week (and past 24 hours) it's been!

Mr. Dwight Howard is going to ask to be traded to the Nets...

The NBA rejects the Lakers-Hornets-Rockets three way trade...

...and Brandon Roy's going to be announcing his retirement shortly.

Feel free to share your thoughts, views and predictions here throughout the Season... may the best team win :D

2. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Wtf Stern! Chris Paul should be a Laker right now >:/ The three teams agreed and the whole process took them a long while to process and now it is rejected. Even Odom is pissed he didn't get traded :p There's no Howard or Paul at the end of the tunnel for the Lakers, sadly.

Always hated Portland but I feel bad about Brandon Roy retiring. Bad luck.

South Beach sucks ;)

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
  4. jhonybaba

jhonybaba Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Sneaky move, but they got cought.

5. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
  6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Kobe Bryant is the best.

7. KiddToKmart

Feb 10, 2011
    The LINsanity continues... big win for the Knicks over the defending champs. Novak & J.R. Smith were on fire...

8. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I don't think his stats will drop too much when Carmelo returns. He'll probably end the year with 16 3 7.5 1.5.

He's definitely going to be an All-Star next year. The way he's been playing and the crazy popularity, he could be a starter.

9. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Super-Lintendo.

10. bluecomb84

bluecomb84 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Debt Collector
    Long Island, NY
    The Knicks might make it further than the first round of the post season!

11. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #11 Cilo, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
    Knicks look great, can't believe they now have JR Smith. My lakers look horrible, we barely have a starting 5 and zero bench - Artest has been nonexistent, I think I remember him putting up something stupidly small last game like 2 points, 2 rebounds.

I see Oklahoma finally getting it together in the playoffs and blowing up the west, and I'm praying Melo pulls out of his funk and the Knicks take off because if there's one team I don't want in the finals is Miami. I know the Lakers won't make the finals this year, and I don't care who takes it as long as Miami is knocked out, please let's get another year of Lebron James tears.

He's already a starter lol Knicks don't have a PG with Billups out and Baron Davis not playing like he used to. He's young and a 1000x faster than Davis. 5 years ago I would've had a different opinion but Baron doesn't have that first step anymore.

12. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    All-Star starter :)

13. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    The only thing I see hindering Lin's game is Melo, not deliberately but if Lin is dishing Melo open shots and he isn't dropping them there goes a big chunk of assists.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #14 backtothis, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    Anyone watching Heat vs. Knicks? Half the game to go. I'm thinking the Heat are going to give them a nice reality check though. I still think all this Linsanity stuff is nonsense.

Lol, Carmelo's back, and it shows.

1/7 FG, 8 points, 8 turnovers, and the 4th just started? Fail-Lin?

LAL and OKC now. Good night before the AS weekend.

15. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    Lin was a disspointLINt. Heat was on fire that night.

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The All Star game was actually pretty interesting, lol. Silly turnover by LBJ at the end there. Anyone watch? Three point contest and the dunk contest were pretty lame though this year imo.

I want to see Heat vs. Thunder in the finals.

17. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    i agree. the dunk contest was more like borefest. we need the famous star players to dunk, not these relativeley known guys. There was no entertainment factor like they had last year, e.g. dwight howard dunking a la superman. No judges = boring. three point contest was alright, but nothing amazing.

the all star game was really worth watching, tho! Great dunks (durant), alley oops and three point shooting (blake griffin?! lol). I feel bad for Howard, since he was sorta like the host, but had a poor performance in the game since no one passed him a dunk opportunity. James IMO played better than Bryant and probably deserved MVP if it wasnt for Durant's epic plays. Simply was awestruk by James' quick 3pt shots near the end of the game! crowd went nuts lol. Would've liked to seen more from Dirk and Andre... Rondo was terrible, but i dont think it was entirely his fault; passing is his strong point, but he doesnt know how they all play, so assists were hard for him to do.

All in all, the all star game saved this boring weekend, IMO. More like All-star Sunday, not weekend.

18. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    The ASG was great, definitely needed as the dunk contest was just...pathetic.

Anyway, am I the only one sad that JR Smith signed with the Knicks and not the Clippers? The Knicks were already loaded at the 2 and 3 (Fields, Melo, Shumpert, Novak, Walker, Douglas), and I really like Fields and Shumpert, so it's sad that their playing time is going to be cut now with the arrival of Smith. Meanwhile, the Clippers, still reeling off their loss of Billups and having Foye as their starting SG, has resulted to signing Bobby Simmons after missing out on Smith...

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm guessing Lin retired early?

20. r2ks8x

r2ks8x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    the problem with lin is his passing ability and handling the ball come on man averaging 6 or more turnovers a game the hype is over now he's just averaging less than 20 pts and merely 5 dimes a game i can see him exhausted every game