Nimian Legends: BrightRidge Cartographers and Exploration Guild

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Nullzone, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Yay!

just downloaded the game, explored just a little bit so far. Hoping people will continue posting cool spots. As soon as I find something unique definitely posting! Also, created my forum account just because I wanted to see what others thought of this game, seems amazing!

2. Woodrith

Woodrith Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2014
    Hooaah
    Outerbounds
    Love the vistas so far

good spot I think

Attached Files:

3. Protopop

Protopop Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Cool:) The update (hopefully approved soon)has some new landmarks to find, and with the jumping a few new lookouts to reach. I hope you'll Check it out

4. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    :) I'm glad you posted that. BrightRidge was originally 4 times the size but i broke it into four separate games (brightridge is the first) - anyways when I split them the map for brightriodge was originally 1/4 the size it is now. It felt just a BIT too small, so i expanded it.

At first the world ended at the stone gate right behind where you start the game, but after the expansion the area in your screenshot was added. The landscape is generated procedurally, so the first time i go through the world im exploring and seeing new things just like players do in the actual game, and that was one of my favorite new areas - I can almost smell the sea air:)

There's a bug on the cliff near that statue that let's you crawl "under" the world. I'm planning on turning it into a cave in Update 1.4 so take a look before it's gone.

5. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    New Photo Mode

I’m submitting update 1.2.1 to the app store tomorrow, hopefully it will be approved soon. One of the new features is photo mode which makes it easier to take screenshots of your favorite BrightRidge locations. I'm trying to think of a good name for it too like Travelogue, or Diary or something:)

Enter photo mode to freely move the camera and take screenshots that are saved to your iPhone or iPad’s camera roll. The screenshots in this post were taken on my iphone using this feature. I think it might make promoting the game a bit easier too if people can compose their own shots and share them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Photomode sounds great! "Travel Diary" as name for it?

Also, a question: Are those lanterns new in 1.2.1 ? I cannot remember seeing them anywhere.

7. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    I like the Travel Diary direction, but id also like something that's more of a verb, action? What's good about photo mode is people seem to get it, but if i can find something more natural ill take it:) I wonder if i could store photos in the app itself inside a travel diary? that you could annotate and upload to the gallery...

Yeah the lamps are new and im in love with them = it was all i could do not to put them everywhere. Id like lanterns to be a theme throughout nimia - im planning a lumiere festival for Residi bay or goldenwood, the upcoming new areas.

BTW update 1.2.1 just went live - i updated it after i wrote that last paragraph. I hope you'll check it out:)

[​IMG]

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Of course I'll grab your update :)
    Lumiere festival sounds great, looking forward to seeing it "live".

As you like lanterns, go take a look at this:
    http://www.friendsaf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/obon-festival-japan.jpg
    O-Bon is a Japanese festive day, honoring your ancestors' spirits:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bon_Festival

When I still played Legend of Five Rings-inspired LARP, we did an O-Bon-like ceremony at one event. It was fantastic, really added to the atmosphere, one of the most touching experiences I ever had at a Larp event.

9. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Those lanterns are so beautiful - thanks! that's exactly the kind of thing i like to see. There is definitely a festival of light in the games future. Im playing Assasins Creed Unity and it's, after RYSE, the most beautiful game ive ever played. Anyways at one point you are in La Belle Epoque Paris and the sun is setting and the lanterns are just starting to turn on and that is my favorite time of day, when there is still some sunlight, but it is dark enough that lantern light can be seen clearly.

10. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #30 Nullzone, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
    A stroll around the new Brightridge

So, I finally got around to writing down a walk around the new Brightridge HD version. Without further ado, here it is for your enjoyment:

From where we start, follow the road onwards.
    A few steps ahead, there's a rather large mushroom. Hop onto it and take a look around:
    To the far left, we see a giant statue and a gate even further in the distance. Then there's a rather large tree and a mountain behind it.

Straight ahead we see some giant tower reaching up into the clouds - the Terrapin. And to the right of that and closer by, a Spiral Tower.

Move off the road and walk on towards the right, following the Canyon until you reach a small wooden platform.

Turning around, we notice one of those large stones, named "Findlings" by some historians and investigators of ancient times.
    We can climb onto the Findling, and from there even further, into the tree next to it.

When we enjoyed the view enough, let's head back to the platform. From there, follow the canyon towards the Spiral Tower. The canyon holds quite a few sights and locations as well, but I'll leave those to you to explore for now - we might return here later for a stroll.

Not long, and we'll encounter a giant treetrunk spanning the canyon. Crossing it, we make our way further towards the Terrapin. At its base, there's another of the Findlings. You might hear an owl hooting somewhere around it here, if you get lucky.
    Be it recorded that the Paragon is of a different opinion here, and identifies the animal sounds heard as the howling of a wolf instead.

I will leave you for now, and let you enjoy the climb up the Pin on your own.
    Early during the climb, make a mental note of the steep bridge leading back down to the ground. A good place to return to later and take a different direction from there.

--- Settings recommendation ---
    For the climb up the Pin, I turned on Fog and Wind effects, and set the draw distance to Ultra.
    Play around during the climb, you can get some gorgeous views with the different environment and lighting effects.

... to be continued ...

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
  12. Protopop

Patreon Silver

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks for mentioning it here:)