"your payment method was declined"

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by beetle004, Aug 10, 2009.

1. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    i have been downloading paid and free apps from the app store without any problems.Last week my brother updated my card info(changed the card's expiry date or somethin) and as a result i have an outstanding balance of 99 cents.The problem is today i entered the correct credit card no. but it still gives me the same message ""your payment method was declined.Pls enter valid payment method information".So i can't purchase any new apps or update my existing apps. I have no idea what to do.Pls help!!

2. beetle004

Mar 23, 2009
    Oh damn this is killing me.....anyone's got any idea how to fix this?

3. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I would powerbomb my brother through a thin plywood table....it's the only way to be sure he doesn't do it again.

4. beetle004

Mar 23, 2009
    Already did somethin similar.But how do i start downloading again???

5. themendoz

themendoz Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I would make sure you fill out all of your info again. This happened once to me, then I realized my card had expired. I'm sure this doesn't aply to you but definitely start from stratch and you never know, this might fix something you hadn't noticed.

6. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    :D

Did trying it from the beginning help ?

rotflmao...

7. beetle004

Mar 23, 2009
    no luck so far. And ya my card hasn't expired.Just bought couple of things today.

8. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This may sound stupid, but change your account's email address and change it back. For some reason this worked for me. But yeah I have had this similar situation happen, and changing the accounts email back and forth worked. May not work for you too but yeah. Other than that I had no idea what to do. I was inputting it all right...

Also make sure all the addresses and names inputted is in all CAPS. That helps too... but not always.

Like I said, these are simple and not always reliable ways of solving this, but it's helped me.

9. beetle004

Mar 23, 2009
    ^^ tried all that booch..still not working!!!! Anyway congrats on your baby and i appreciate you taking time off your busy schedule to respond to respond to my concerns !!