Section Layout

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by worldcup1100, May 25, 2009.

1. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I though I noticed a change in the layout of the forums last night. Am I wrong?

So far I am a little disoriented by them but am sure I will like them eventually.:D

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I was about to start a thread on this lol.
    I dont like it cause there's more space added now. And the sub-forum when going to the iphone games section and the sub-forums is right above it I dont like it. Basicly it adds more space which I dont like. Anyways, it wasnt my decision and I had no say, but I'll get use to it eventually.

3. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I like the new layout. It's much more straight forward, but I would like arn to tell us first.

4. Shocked

Shocked Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Ehh, I liked the old way more.

5. Spartan12103

Spartan12103 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    USA
    Same here.

6. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    Same here.

The old one was much more put together. This one is a little but it's a pain to find something :rolleyes:

7. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I didn't have a problem with the old layout. I'm not thrilled about having the MMO sub forum always be in view when visiting the games forum. It just seems a little cluttered. But if there's some reason why this change is going to work better, it's fine by me..

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The best has yet to come...!

There is a reason for all of this.

9. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    What exactly "There is a reason for all of this." mean? There's something to come but what? o_O

10. gscal

gscal Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    I sure hope you're right, because I really don't like this layout.

11. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

It looks like every other VBulletin forum on the internet? :confused:

12. hazmat95

hazmat95 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    now the mmo codes will show up on the forum front page fist agian :(

13. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Really. I'm digging the new iPTF look. It's adds consistency. I can't wait for what's to come. Hopefully TA will diversify into all about the different devices, not just games and apps. It looks a lot more like MacRumors too.

14. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    Ughh, I didn't even think about that.

I liked the old way, a nice simple list, not the stand you see everywhere else...

15. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

i kida like it, it gives you more room and is less cluttered

16. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    I like how it is now, but don't want to see MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests every time I visit Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPod Touch Games. I looked and can't find a way to get rid of it. :(

17. Shocked

Apr 19, 2009
    Funny, I feel different, the new titles take up more room, the Subforum takes up more room..

18. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Whenever the MMO Codes forum gets a new post, it is shown as the newest post in the whole Games forum.

I just noticed that.

19. worldcup1100

worldcup1100 Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2009
    I just hope this forum does not start looking like iPodTouchFans. Those forums seem VERY cluttered to me. It is nice that it covers a lot of stuff, but it makes all the sections a chore to browse through.

20. schooze

schooze Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Okay so I thought I'd give myself a day with the new layout before I'd comment on it. At first I was a little disjointed probably, just because it was change, and with any change that will probably happen to you. Now however I'm really liking the condensed feeling. One thing I still don't like, that i think needs to be changed is the move of the Codes & Add Me forum being changed to a sub forum of the main games forum, If it is at all possible to make it look like the link to the rules, a sub forum of another forum, or if those are not possible, I think it should just return back to its own forum.

Another thing I was thinking about is the Private Forum that is for developers only, if there was a way to make it invisible to us regular members, it would still keep the condensed feeling if the Codes & Add Me Request was returned to a new forum. I look forward to what else is coming, and as always thanks to arn and all the moderators for doing their best to make this place the great place that it is.