har•mo•ny 2 featuring music by Hammock (BorderLeap)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by borderLeap, Apr 23, 2014.

1. borderLeap

borderLeap Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Founder & Game Creator @ BorderLeap
    har•mo•ny 2 is launching very soon, only on the App Store... (Follow us @harmonygame for updates about launch date)

Treat your eyes and ears to a gameplay experience of color and music, blended in perfect harmony...

Launching back in October 2013, har•mo•ny 1 was a creative new puzzle game built around a harmonious blend of color palettes and ambient music. Featured upon launch, the game quickly reached reached #1 family and #1 puzzle game, including #5 overall paid game in the App Store.

har•mo•ny 2 reimagines and rebuilds this experience from the ground up... New music... design... gameplay... leaderboards... even wallpapers!

Description:

NEW MUSIC • Over 2 full hours of mesmerizing ambience for your ears by award-winning artist Hammock. Including rare and bonus tracks! Sit back and experience an immersive blend of relaxation and deep thought...

NEW PATHS • Hundreds of handcrafted levels, organized into paths for your exploration. Awaken your mind to the bold colors of "refresh" or "harvest", relax to the peaceful pastels of "peace" and "dream" or play "twilight" before you go to sleep... Unwind as you listen to each path's uniquely-crafted music playlist.

[​IMG]

NEW GAMEPLAY • Each level is a journey with a destination. Rearrange colorful blocks to correctly rebuild each level's palette. Make a wrong move and you may take a step back. Venture too far down the wrong path and you must start over.

[​IMG]

NEW LEADERBOARDS • How far can you get? Each level is 100% solvable. Believe us, it gets tough quick. See how you rank against others in Game Center.

NEW WALLPAPERS • Adorn your iPhone or iPad with with palettes rich with color! Every level you reach you can save its color palette as a wallpaper.

[​IMG]

Sit back... relax... and experience har•mo•ny 2.

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I still play the first one a lot, this looks just as good.

3. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Hey there cloudpuff, thanks for your reply & comments! Glad to hear you're still playing the first version ;)

For those interested, here's the iTunes link to version 1: har•mo•ny 1

4. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I like to solve a few puzzles on a night as I find it relaxing, I also like sing how different colours work together. What will the price point be? I'll be picking it up.

5. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    #5 borderLeap, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    nice :) version 2 has levels grouped into numerous different "paths" - each having unique palettes of a similar style... you'll enjoy all of them but "twilight" comes to mind which is designed for playing especially at night.

As far as price point goes, still determining final price, but I can say there will be no IAPs or ads...

6. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Hiya,
    Just checking back to the thread to see if there's a launch date yet, not that I'm impatient lol.just looking forward to it's arrival. #

7. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    :) yep planning on May 29!

8. spoosh

spoosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Great! Looking forward to it! I'm not done with the first one yet, I still play it a lot.

9. cloudpuff

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I thought the original harmony was great and couldn't see how it could be improved but after spending some time with this I can see you've really enhanced the idea of the original.
    The new colour schemes feel fresh and give the game a new feel, I played with headphones on as reccomended and the music is beautiful, perfect for relaxing and chilling out. It's great that you've included iTunes and spotify info for the music.
    I like how the levels are divided into themes and with several hundred levels on offer I've got plenty to work through. Being able to use completed puzzles as a wallpaper is pretty cool. For those of you who like minimal puzzles this is well worth a look. The whole package is a enjoyable and relaxing experience.

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Wow that looks really nice! I didn't know about Harmony 1, Ill download it now

11. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thanks much! Appreciate you checking it out and for the feedback. Yeah lot of time spent on rebuilding this experience overall. The music by Hammock is truly special... as you heard even sound effects have been removed for the sake of making a purist experience, "blending color & music in perfect harmony".

Thanks - hope you enjoy it!

Nice! Yeah you'll like the sequel ;)

12. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    It's official - we are launching May 29th! In anticipation of the launch, we have a few promo codes available to share. If you enjoy relaxing but challenging puzzle games just drop us a note here and we'll be in touch!

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I loved the first one and would love to get a promo for this sequel. :)

14. spoosh

spoosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    I'd love a code, if you're sharing them! Loved the first and this looks just as good, if not better. :D

15. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thank you both! Codes sent...

I still have a few more - let me know!

16. spoosh

spoosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    This is a great sequel. It's still the same game as the first in its core, but at the same time it feels so fresh. The look & the colors are a lot better, especially because of the different themes. As for the difficulty, it ramps up pretty fast but the game never gets frustrating (the unlimited undos definitely contribute to that). What stood out to me though was the music. So beautiful & relaxing. You need to play it with headphones.

My only concern is that in the menu where I choose between themes, it's a bit unresponsive. I have to swipe a couple of times before the theme changes. It's a minor thing, though. Other than that, it's really good!

17. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Thank you for the comments! We have sure strove to put together a beautiful game experience of color and music with this sequel... Hammock's music is amazing. Glad you enjoyed it. Curious - how many levels did you make it through so far?

Also, interesting about that menu issue... definitely want to look into that - what device are you using?

18. spoosh

spoosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    Still trying to figure out level 26 of bloom, so I switched to peace (which I love) and got about 10 levels in. I really like how the game makes you think but never pressures you. Amazing job, I'll be playing this one for a very long time!

Oh and I'm on an iPad Mini (non-retina). What happens is when I swipe the first time, the screen goes halfway to the next theme and then slides back to the current theme I'm on. On the second/third swipe though it goes right through to the next one.

19. borderLeap

Patreon Silver

Aug 9, 2012
    Nice and thank you :) please let me know when you make it beyond level 39 for any path - it really starts to get interesting then...

About the swipe - great feedback. The swipe menu is built to allow you to slowly swipe and have the adjacent path reveal it's colors slowly, and when you swipe a certain distance, it snaps to the next path. This because the music changes when it snaps to the adjacent path so it allows you to swipe a bit longer before making that choice. The min distance is about 30% screen - try swiping a bit longer the first try and let me know if that works better for you...

20. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I woke up with a major migraine today so I can do much testing today. Thank you for the code. I know it's going to be awesome but the first thing that I noticed is that I think the swipe directions for menus should be changed to swipe to the opposite direction. It seems more intuitive that way.