A Guide: The Hardest Monsters of Ravensword

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by eggzbacon, Nov 21, 2009.

1. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    #1 eggzbacon, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    Hooray for spoilers!
    If you can kill these, you beat the game.

Mega Troll:
    Level: 60
    Notes: He is EXTREMELY hard, and does one-hit kills. If you don't want to "cheat", TRY to kill him the old fashioned way. Good luck with that.
    To kill him, make him follow you out of his cave, until he gets stuck.
    There are some cliffs next to where the troll should get stuck.
    Go up the cliffs, and then jump on his head. If you succeed, spam attack him until he dies. He drops like 3500+ coins, which could last you the whole main story line.

Thanks to diabolus for finding this out first

The Demon Lord (END GAME BOSS):
    Level: 25
    Notes: He is the end game boss, which you have to defeat with the Ravensword, which you get from Syntheria too.
    You need the Amulet of Fire, where you get from Otis.
    Go to the Demon's Tower, located in Syntheria. Climb all the way up using the stairs. You will find him next to the Pillar of Flame. You cannot kill him without withdrawing fire from the Pillar of Flame. Go next to the Pillar of Flame, and the Ravensword should be in flames. Now, attack the Demon Lord with your Ravensword. The flames might go out, so you have to go to the Pillar of Flame again and get the Ravensword on fire. I suggest doing hit-and-run to the Demon Lord, since he is pretty hard.

Demon Knight (END GAME ENEMY):
    Level: ???
    Location: Inside Castle Ravengard. Find Sir Robin in Talon Cliffs, and he will show you a way in. Kill the Ogre Guard, he will drop a key, which you need to enter the throne room, where they are.
    Notes: Use blast arrows on them from the entrance, they don't even know that they got hit lol, so they just stand there. Use all of your blast arrows on them, then get out the Ravensword and finish them off. Make sure that you have a LOT of blast arrows, it will be harder if you don't have that much, and you might need to do hit-and-run.

Lizard Men:
    Level: 16
    Notes: Lizard Men are VERY powerful, and they should be avoided if you want to save your health for later uses (ex. Demon Lord). Be sure to have some potions, and try to avoid their hits. Use your Ravensword if you have it. They have 400+ health points, and could give some very deadly blows. Again, use the hit-and-run method, its the best method there is. Try to hit them as much as you can, back away, then hit again.

Cave Beast:
    Level: 16
    I quote:
    Thanks tadad1 for telling me this
    Notes: This guy is really aggressive, he follows you around, and POUNDS you with his hands. Hit-and-run won't work for him, he follows you around, and its really hard to get away from him. I had about 750+ hp when I tried to kill him with my Ravensword, and he 5-hit killed me, that shows that he is very powerful.
    This is how I killed him:
    Shoot three blast arrows at him from the entrance of the cave. He will follow you when you shoot him once, so try to shoot him 3 times before he gets to you. Get Ravensword out and now kill him face-to-face. If you have half HP, you might die. If you have almost full HP, he can get your HP bar half way. He drops a like 150+ coins, and gives you a plenty amount of exp.

I am level 20 btw

Will add more...

2. jxjja

jxjja Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    The Demon is lvl 25

3. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Yeah, i remembered. Thanks anyways

4. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Haha, I killed the Demon Lord with Blast Arrows by taking cover behind the Pillar of Fire. I think the Pillar makes your Blast Arrows even more powerful. :eek:

5. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Hey can anyone suggest more monsters?
    Esp. ones that give you a lot of exp

I'll add the Demon Knights

6. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    The cave beast (I think thats what he's called)
    in the forest there. He's pretty good to kill -
    The Lizard Men are good too - Ogre's of course.

7. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    #7 eggzbacon, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
    Where can i find an ogre, the ogre guard is gone since I already killed him.

I can't find the cave beast, he's in the forest of nagamor right?

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    there are two ogre's. one in front of the castle and one in front of the Ravensword building.

The cave beast is in the cave on the path to the dungeons, to the left as you are approaching the dungeons, near the troll baby.

9. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Dang, I killed both of them already.

10. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Went up the hill left of the dungeon path, found a cave, didn't find anything in it.
    I'm pretty sure I haven't killed it yet.

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    this dude?

Attached Files:

12. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    I've never killed it...
    Weird....

13. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    Yeah, that's the cave monster alright. I believe he's level 16.

14. jesusrules247

jesusrules247 Active Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #14 jesusrules247, Nov 22, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2009
    I believe there is another cave beast-like thing called the Snow Beast (lvl 16) on one of the mountain peaks in the Mountains of Callas. I was exploring the area and then that huge creature jumped out of nowhere.

15. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus

There are 2 caves in the forest one is empty and the other has the cave beast. If you have found the empty cave then you are too high up the hill. Standing with your back to the entrance to the empty cave there is a tree in front of you, if you run straight past the left side of the tree down the hill you will fall off the top of the cave with the beast, or follow the path from the broken bridge and it is on the left about half way towards the dungeon entrance.

16. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Found him thanks!

17. Claridosa

Claridosa Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2009
    This thread is terrific thanks. However I get confused with all the beasts and where I saw them. Which one is in the cave at the very end? And which one is in the snow mountains under the arch? I need a good map to figure all of this out. There is also one when you exit the dungeon and go across the ice after killing the lizard thing. Which one is that?

18. eggzbacon

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Uhhh...
    Huh....
    What?
    Double tap the beasts, and it will show their names

19. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    It would be nice if some of the tougher monsters could respawn so you can level up. I've already beaten the game, the mega troll, every one of these hard monsters and I'm only level 23. I heard if you get to level 50 or so you can jump over houses! Sounds great but that will take a lot of Orcs and Lizards to fight... IMO the mega troll and cave beast should definitely respawn so you can keep beating them and level up.

20. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I found 2 better ways of beating the cave beast:
    1) Lead him to the broken bridge and jump across, then spam him with arrows.
    2) When you just get out of his cave (with the cave beast following), follow the path a bit on the right you should see a tree very close to a rock; jump through the small gap inbetween them and he should get stuck; then, spam him with arrows.