World Soccer Champs 2010 Revealed!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #1 Uprising Elton, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
    Uprising Games Ltd. is pleased to announce the imminent submission of World Soccer Champs 2010 to Apple for approval.

WSC2010 is a Soccer game inspired by classic titles such as Sensible Soccer, Kick-Off, and Dino Dini’s ‘Goal!’ bringing intuitive control and unparalleled football freedom to the iDevice range.

With WSC2010, play the ball you want, when you want. A simple 2 button interface and a flexible after-touch system put all manner of passes, shots, chips and through-balls at your fingertips. It’s up to you to pick holes in your opponents defence, not the computer AI!
    Three difficulty/speed levels and a Dribble Assist option to separate the pros from the novices, WSC2010 has something for every level of footy gamer, old and new.

More World Soccer Champs 2010 release information, price and video coming soon!

Touch Arcade have been offered a full preview build and additional details, so if you would like to see more, please let the TA guys know by expressing your interest here!

Thanks!

Elton Bird
    Uprising Games

Update:- First look vdeo.

Apologies the the camera used isn't the best and doesn't capture the game at full frame-rate. Better quality video will follow..

Attached Files:

2. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Game play movies available this weekend.

3. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    nice!looks good!

4. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

Knowing the Uprising Games guys I've been lucky enough to play WSC. I think people are really going love how this game plays. Elton is a huge retro football game fan and has poured a lot of love into this.

If you like retro top-down football games then do keep this on your radar.

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Looks interesting. There's never enough football games for the iPhone.

6. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Certainly interested!

7. Piasintein

Piasintein Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Very interesting!
    I was looking for a top-down football game, but Microprose Soccer is actually unplayable for me and I couldn't fall in love with GOALS! (it's not bad, though).

8. Piasintein

Feb 19, 2010
    Today? Tomorrow? I'm very curious! :)

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    First look vid now included.

10. Piasintein

Feb 19, 2010
    Very 90s! :D
    More Sensible Soccer than Dino Dini's games (too frantic for my tastes and, in my opinion, for iDevice), but with its own personality. I like it! :)
    It needs some polish, though, but it looks good already. I like it! :)

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Actually, the gameplay is a lot more inspired by the Dino Dini games than Sensi. It's a little more novice friendly, but the gamplay without the dribble assist option on is pure 90's retro!
    The pace of the game is also modifyable, so it can be far less frantic if you prefer. Will be announcing price soon, and a few other cool features..

As a side note: Development of WSC was underway before Goals! appeared. When I played Goals!, I personally felt it was just too simplistic, and I didn't like the pacing or needing a button for player select when defending. I felt WSC offered more depth and would appeal more to Sensi and Kick-Off fans, so I hope there's enough people out there who agree! :eek:)

12. Piasintein

Feb 19, 2010
    Gameplay is dinodinian, true, speed a little less, luckily.
    Is video's speed intermediate level? It looks perfect for me. :)
    I feel I will play your game a lot more than X2 Soccer 2010 or PES 2010... :D

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Yes, the footage is probably all from intermediate. Thanks for the positive feedback on this initial video. I'm glad our efforts to do something that isn't trying to be like console Fifa or PES are resonating with someone! :)

WSC is all about free-form playing, trying different things, hitting a great through ball or cross and and scoring great goals where you know it was YOU that made it happen! That's when football games are the most fun, and that's what we hope people will appreciate when they try it.

EDIT: Oh, "Dinodinian".. great word! Lilke it!

14. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    This looks the closest I've seen to a Kick-Off style game for some years, seems to have similar physics? I'll definitely pick this one up - hope you can get some better quality video clips for us please.

15. Piasintein

Feb 19, 2010
  16. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

I believe they're involved in last minute testing. Had a play myself the other day and have to say it's one of the best top down footy games I've played.

17. Piasintein

Feb 19, 2010
    Oh, thanks! :)

18. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Hi,

Just to let you know, we should be submitting WSC to Apple a bit later today!
    As soon as that's out the way, we'll be recording some high quality game footage to share with you.

Thanks for your interest and patience!

Elton

19. k1ngofk1ngs

k1ngofk1ngs Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    New Zealand
    Looks like it will be a interesting game. Price point? Lite version?

20. JohnnyB1981

JohnnyB1981 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Wow, the video just brought a memory back to me... I'd totally forgotten about the period of time in my life when I was totally addicted to Sensible Soccer... Now I remember.

I'll be picking this up.