iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #861 L.Lawliet, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    @TinyKitty: Definitely get it. I'll go as far as to say it's the BEST game of it's kind. No other game compares. It has the best soundtrack, best depth, best storyline, best art (now even better) and best gameplay out of all in the genre. Only issues you may have are with difficulty. It has a steep curve at the beginning but you'll get the hang of it after a few hours while enjoying yourself. Let us know what you think!

The update is gorgeous! Though the impact is harder to see on the iphone/ipod since its much smaller. However if you screen cap it you can easily see the changes. So in a way I didn't notice it too much until having the old and new side by side. Everything also runs very smoothly (not sure if that's different than the last version since I had no problem with that one). Here are some screen shots! I made sure to take screen caps before I updated. Worth the update! It looks like even the backgrounds are improved as well.

[​IMG]
    vs
    [​IMG]

--

[​IMG]
    vs
    [​IMG]

2. bossepy

bossepy Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Seems like they just throw some kind of filter. Not like they redrawn the graphics.

3. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Well if you played or bought this before you will definitely notice a very big change in graphics..But the most important aspect of the update was the UI change..It's very touch friendly now which is a game changer and made the gameplay smother than before..

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    What is the installed size after the update?

5. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    806 mb for the iPad version...

6. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #866 Appletini, Jun 5, 2013
    Characters at 200% zoom before the update (old photo found on the net, 'cause I just deleted my old version, but that's pretty much what they looked like when I compared them on my actual device):

[​IMG]

Characters at 200% zoom after the update (photo taken on my 4th-gen iPad):

[​IMG]

They've definitely been redrawn with additional detail; they haven't simply had a filter applied to them. Look at the hair of the character on the first column, second row of Lawliet's screenshots, for example, or the main character's sleeves in my screenshots.

7. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    My final thought..TA needs/must cover this update..It's a game changer...

It's a five star port now..I've been playing non-stop...:D

8. TeflonDonbot

TeflonDonbot Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Can anyone with the update confirm weather or not this update addresses the crashing issue?

9. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Well I've been playing for about 3-4 hours now and I haven't got any issues..But I think appletini has a better answer for you on the iPad thread..

10. TeflonDonbot

TeflonDonbot Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Thanks! I got a little too excited and ended up posting on pretty much every thread available. My bad. It's kind of my favorite game of all time and I have been waiting for them to fix this before buying! It's. About. To go. Down.

11. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    #871 C.Hannum, Jun 5, 2013
    That is so far from the actual policy I'm not sure where you got that idea.

Assuming there isn't a loophole for a legacy port, all apps (including updates) *submitted* after May 1st had to have widescreen, but nothing says this either wasn't delayed for a month in the approval process or that Square didn't intentionally delay its release for purposes of the sale.

12. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    How is the slowdown?

13. TinyKitty

TinyKitty Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    House Elf
    Thanks! The beginning curve is steep but I'm loving the story.

14. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    How in the heck can you iCloud sync your saved game file on the iPhone version with your HD iPad version?! I thought iCloud syncs would only work between devices using the SAME app. So, I would imagine you'd have to have the iPhone version on both devices, right?

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Wish I still had my iPad so I could check it... But I'm curious about this as well.

^^^

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    ...do you guys think Chrono Trigger might be next? ;)

17. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    So. Is this worth it now? iPhone 5. Im familiar with the game, have played in on DS and loved it, but heard too much bad about it before.

If I buy will I be disappointed, or does it play well enough now to make it a must purchase?

18. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Well, in normal situations you can only transfer data between the same app on different devices, yes, so you'd be using the iPhone version on both devices unless you're only using the cloud as a backup system.

However, the app info seems to have been updated to include this disclaimer:

19. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Pretty much every bug and complaint has been addressed at this point, so I'd go ahead and grab it if you're interested.

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Sigh. I cant afford to waste money, but I usually do anyways (Im backing a kickstarter project for $500 that I shouldnt spend too) thanks for helping a guy with no self control save a few bucks. NOT.

*buying*