(music) Melobase->free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Greyskull, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    #1 Greyskull, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
    Never heard of it; doubt it's all that great, but I figured I would post this anyway. According to the description, it has 2 polyphonic synths, midi export, CoreMidi support, and, for those of you with external keyboards, can use one for input. So, I'm posting this mainly because it looks to have some robust midi support.

if it isn't free yet it will be tonight.
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

2. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I'll download it just for the hell of it. It's free, so why not? Another one to my database, that's all I care about. Thanks for the share.

3. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Same here...no patches/lfo's/waveforms for the synths, so it's probably pretty basic. Then again it might be a decent app for jotting down basic ideas. I would prefer apps don't automatically record unless you tell them to; the way it sounds like its set up means I'll probably end up with a lot of junk.

Gotta play with it though...see if I can find a way to export audio from Arctic Synth without springing for the pro upgrade.

BTW, if you haven't tried Arctic, it's a really nice free (to play with, not free to export) synth. If you register with them...ah, I forget the name of the company, they make a PC/Mac version, patches, etc; you'll get a fairly large sample/loop pack free. I like the gui...it has dual x-y Kaos style pads which you can control with tilt or more traditionally. Any excuse for me to put off figuring out Korg Polysix ;), which I got just before it went up in price to 30 bucks. That puts it at the same price as the MS-20, maybe 5 bucks more. Personally, I think the MS 20 is worth more, but to each his own.

4. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #4 repapermunky, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    I'll definitely check out Arctic. But yeah, every music app deserves a chance. Can't just judge by the pics (not all the time :p).

EDIT: I guess the Arctic price went up to $4.99, which means I'll be holding off :p. thanks for the info though, I'll be watching it!

EDIT 2: Yeaaahhh... I went ahead and deleted Melobase. There aren't a lot of options, and the lack of explanation was a turn off. And like you said, auto-rec? What the heck is up with that?! Skipped!