What is the best sniping app (preferably free)?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wikoogle, Jun 30, 2009.

1. wikoogle

wikoogle Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    I'm looking for an app that lets me create a wishlist of the games that I want, and will alert me (preferably send me a notification) when games on my wishlist get a price drop.

I would like it if that same app also listed all apps that are currently on sale at the moment (ideally in terms of how popular they are or how big of a price drop they got).

And preferably, I would like this to be free.

Currently I'm using AppMiner to keep track of the games that I'm waiting on a price drop to buy and to browse the games that are currently discounted but a.) AppMiner doesn't send me a notification when an app on my wishlist gets a price drop, b.) AppMiner's servers aren't super current, it still doesn't have Doom Resurrection listed for example and c.) the games that it lists as on sale don't seem to be listed in terms of either popularity or in terms of how big of a price drop they received, they seem ordered pretty haphazardly actually.

Is there something better? I would prefer it to be free, but if it's a truly steller sniping app with up to date lists and notification support, I would be willing to pay for it.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

As a bonus, I currently have 200+ apps installed onto my iphone. But I can only see the first 176 of them (stupid 11 page limit). Is there an app that lets me browse through what the other 24 apps that I have installed are. It's a pain having to use spotlight for each of those apps that doesn't fit on the 11 pages.

Thank you in advance.

2. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
  3. f e a r l e s s

f e a r l e s s Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009

I've used AppSniper, AppMiner and PandoraBox. Out of the three, I like AppSniper the most. None have notifications. But, you can just filter out the categories you don't want and check it here and there.

I have found http://toucharcade.com/newest-iphone-games/ to be the most accurate and fastest to update. So, I have pretty much ditched the apps. The new http://appshopper.com/ is a good idea, too. So, I guess you can use those as notifications.

Anyway, my suggestion is: Fire up http://toucharcade.com/newest-iphone-games/. This way you get to see some ads for upcomming games. (This is the only site I don't mind seeing ads.)

4. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    I use [app]PandoraBox[/app] now.

[app]AppSniper[/app] used to be my "go to" sniping app, because it tracked price histories, but it isn't being supported properly and the search oftentimes doesn't work.

There is no legal app that allows you to manage your apps in the void. I should know; when I set up my new 3GS, it download every app I own to the iPhone, so the only visible apps where up to "B" in the alphabet. :)