Football Manager Handheld 2010 Coming This Week!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Toad In The Hole

Toad In The Hole Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    **** All
    In A Hole
    #1 Toad In The Hole, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
    Football Manager Handheld 2010 is coming out this week to iPhone/iPod Touch!! Bout time as well :D

[​IMG]

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Football+Manager+Handheld+2010+(iPhone)/news.asp?c=19878

[​IMG]

- Manage across the globe – take charge of any team from 34 leagues from nations including England, Scotland, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Portugal, Brazil and Australia.
    - A real football world – Buy and sell over 20,000 real world stars from the legendary Football Manager database, fully up-to-date with the dealings from the 2010 January transfer window.
    - Build your squad – buy, sell and loan players for your squad of up to 36 players, trying to keep them all happy and performing at the top of their game.
    - Feel the buzz of matchdays – get all the stats on your opponents in the match preview and then watch the action unfold making subs and tactical changes to give your team the edge over your rivals.
    - Get the most from your backroom staff – get the opinion of your assistant manager on the state of your squad and his suggested improvements, and ask coaches and scouts for reports on players in your squad or future transfer targets.
    - Keep the board happy - Set your expectations for the club, manage your transfer and wage budgets and make board requests in your quest for success.
    - Handle the media – experience the pressure of the press as they quiz you about transfer rumours, and potential job offers.
    - Become a legend – chart the progress of your career through the profile screen and hall of fame; plus gain rewards for your success by unlocking new features and managerial abilities.
    - Designed for the iPhone / iPod – with a specific user-friendly skin and functionalities, and club logos for all licensed leagues. Plus; listen to your favourite music while your manage your team!

[​IMG]

2. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I don't like these type of games. :/

3. Bax88

Bax88 Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Awesome :D Can't wait.

4. Electrolite82

Electrolite82 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Musician
    Belfast
    Me neither usually,but this game is very good!!

5. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    That's not football. It's soccer.

6. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    It depends on where u live and I'm pretty sure you know that

7. BrEaKBEaT

BrEaKBEaT Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK

Then why are you posting in a thread about one? Your opinion is irrelevant to this thread.

Football Manager is immense! I'm intrigued to see how well the iphone version plays, though my spare time is invested in the PC version so perhaps i'll pass... purely to save my job! We'll see :)

8. WunDaii

I see no rules about that. I'm just stating that I don't like the genre of the game, doesn't harm the discussion or the game itsself.

9. WunDaii

Well it's a ball... that you kick with your foot... so it's Football. :p

I don't want to get into this argument, everybody calls it what they want. xD

10. Braiton

Braiton Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Stupid Americans. Haha, just joking :p

11. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Not to mention they copied rugby ;)

12. vane

vane Member

May 5, 2009
    England
    Great! This will be a huge hit in Europe. A pricey £6.99/ $9.99 though.

13. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    Surely you'd only need to state that if someone asked you, otherwise why would you bother? It doesn't discuss the game at all. Good and bad points relatng to the game is all well and good.

Anyway, i'm probably just an old grouch. And you're right, you've broken no rules.

Oh but it is 'Football' not Soccer in all the leagues in the world that matter ;)

14. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

We have had lots of attempts but now it seems the real deal is finally coming to the app store which I'm thrilled with. From the info and the pics it looks fairly packed with all the stuff from regular game. This is also the type of game I like to play on the go or while doing something else rather than sit down for a few hours with it.

15. ilStugots

ilStugots Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    You're right, but when advertising this game to a primarilly American audience on these forums, calling it football is misleading.

16. ahcl20

ahcl20 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    UK
    Will be out on Tuesday. It's on the NZ store.

However, seems like it will be quite expensive compared to most games. It's NZ$16 which is roughtly 7 quid.

PS - mods should close this and make a thread in the iPhone games section

17. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009

huh ???? where is your statistical information that this audience is primarily american ?

If you look at the posters here its very mixed indeed !

18. Braiton

Braiton Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Why should we? "Soccer"'s real name is Football. It's as if you were asking person x to be called y because in your country that's how they call it. If you were expecting an American Football thread then we'd put American "Football" in the title. I don't see it misleading at all.

Plus not everyone here is American, not even more than half.

19. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    'Educational', rather than misleading I'd say, if ya come out of that US bubble ;)

Not to mention the fact that the game is actually called 'FOOTBALL Manager'

20. BrEaKBEaT

Nov 22, 2009
    London, UK
    #20 BrEaKBEaT, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
    It's out! Search FM 2010

UK store

post date 11th March?? Am I missing something here...

£6.99 is steep! Temptation will probably get the better of me in about 20mins tho. Really, 7 quid is nothing considering the amount of days/weeks I've put into the FM franchise :)